head kit gasket mabee the problem

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sniper

Reaction score
I have fitted a 3d big bore head kit to my 49cc dirtbike and it wont start after hours and hours of trying to work out what is wrong.
In the pic below is the head kit i bought and in the pic next to the copper gasket (that connects to the crank case and head)there is a grey gasket that i did not get with my head kit.
And it is making oil/fuel leak out.So im assuming it is sucking air when i try to start it.I have tried for days now to try and find where i can get the grey gasket from with no luck.Can
anyone help me with where i can get one from?I was thinking mabee i could get a sheet of the same stuff that the gasket is made from and cut out the shape i need but i dont know if i can
buy anything like that.

Attachments

• big%20bore%20head%20kit.jpg
    big%20bore%20head%20kit.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 15
Yeah, you can buy gasket paper from most auto shops and cut to shape. I usually put abit of silicon gasket glue on aswell. Does it feel like you have compression?

try asking the boys at Pocket Bike Racing they could probably help you source a gasket

Latest posts

Back