Hello everyone im new and in need of some help =)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fat-magz

Reaction score
hey guys, im Dan from Logan area Brisbane and am new to dirtbike riding and this forum =). Ive just bought a second hand MSO 140s 2008 model for 500 bucks which has been hardly ridden its in great nick =). I know you guys have probably been asked this a million times but i want to know what i need to do now with my bike?. I want my bike to last me and am a perfectionist so i want everything to be right so i thought id ask questions as i am a noob.

1. should i do a service on my bike now? (what does this involve)
2. what is the best oil i should use? (change every 2 tanks of fuel?)
3. BP Ultimate petrol?
4. any other recommendations to keep my bike running sweetly and any mods i should look at doing in the future.

any help from anyone would be much appreciated if i have put this post in the wrong section im sorry

cheers guys,

Dan:D

i will post pics of my bike shortly once i give it a wash! i look forward to meeting everyone =)

1. Its up to you depends on when the last time it was done, main things would be to change the oil and clean the air filter, depends how much you feel confident in doing, you could also check the valve clearances, clean out the craby, clean and re grease all moving parts, the list goes on.

2. you'll get a few people tellin ya to use different oils, some people just use the cheapest oil they can get others use motul, i just use castrol 4t 10w - 30w and change it after about 15 - 20 hrs of riding, some people change it after every ride and other change it just whenever, i got a mate that changes his oil bout twice a year and his bike is still going strong and has been for 4 years. up to you what ya put in the cheap stuff or good stuff

3. I dont think it makes a difference at all tried that and normal didnt notice any change i just use normal unlead from safeway fuel in my pitty

4. Just go over the bolts ocassionally and make sure they're still tight, they're will be other things i just cant think of any at the moment, lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back