help please...my bike only has one tuning screw!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pocketben

Reaction score
Hey im new to this...just wondering how can i tune my 49cc dirt pocket bike .....its stock and only has 1 tuning screw on the carby....is it for richness or idle speed? becoz its not idling propperly or running propperly ,choking up on low range revs!

you can see my bike in my gallery!

ow ok..thanks for dat...how can i then change my richness mixture...or get new carby?

cranga said:
Mate, ur in the right section, what is the issue you are having?
read his first post again....

the screw on the right hand side of your carby is the idle screw, turning it to the right will increase the idle speed, turning to left will decrease. This screw will only cure your idling problems, u may need to take your carby bowl off and check the needle sizes, sounds like they are a little to big for you bike to handle and therefore it's choking.

The mixture screw can be hiding underneath on some carbys or as you said it may not have one. Have a look up and under.

don't worry guys i pulled it all apart ... the screw was actually for the mixture... i gotta tighten the throttle cable to turn up the idle speed....when i madde the mixture leaner it went heaps better but wouldnt idle so im tightening the throttle cable now...all good:)

Latest posts

Back