Help plz!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hello i hav an orion 125cc with a ducar engine. i just brought a engine dress up kit and put the new parts on. My Bike wont start now?? Btw the exhaust is off the bike.. do i need it on for it to start?? thanks Matt

what other parts have you touched? ex the exhust?

these problems usaly lie in what you touched last...

you don't need the exhaust on for it to start, when i changed my exhaust over i started it up without the exhaust, and i had oil on my bashplate, and my engine was backfiring & shooting flames out of where the exhaust goes and the bash plate caught on fire lol

hey thanks for the reply.. the only other things i have touched were the 3 little parts that i replaced with the dress up kit... but with the little front section in the dress up kit the gasket broke so i put it on without a gasket... could this be the problem?? and also the stud that the nuts screw onto for my exhaust pipe.. one of them broke, but i have put the exhaust back on and done one up tight. It sounds like it wants to fire but wont????? :confused:

hey thanks for the reply.. the only other things i have touched were the 3 little parts that i replaced with the dress up kit... but with the little front section in the dress up kit the gasket broke so i put it on without a gasket... could this be the problem?? and also the stud that the nuts screw onto for my exhaust pipe.. one of them broke, but i have put the exhaust back on and done one up tight. It sounds like it wants to fire but wont????? :confused:

Get the exhaust fixed or you will burn your valves,only about $5 for a new exhaust stud.And I'd say you better replace the gasket too,again probably only a couple of dollars and could save you alot of grief later. Maintenance is the key to longevity with these engines,and by the sound of it your not off to a good start.Make sure everything else is good first then worry about starting it later.I know its frustrating when all you want to do is ride,but patience now will mean less down time with a broken bike later..:D

ok then... do you know where i can get an exhaust stud from? and also how to get the snapped one out becuase its seized in there?? I have had the bike for a year and had no problems.. until now

easy outs, you drill a hole into the bolt then wind in the easy out and it should come out, most tool shops will sell them, still a pain though,
also have you checked all the wiring and spark plug/lead, couldnt be too many things, most likely something small

ok thanks. yea i have checked the wiring and its getting spark.. it nearly fires but then dies... would the gasket that broke off the little bit for the dress up kit cause this?? im starting to run out of ideas. it was going fine the other day and its only since i put the dress up kit on it wont go. and i have put all original parts back on aswell but still no go. so im thinking it has to be the gasket???

i recon fix all the bits that u havnt worried about (all the nuts and the gasket and exaust etc, and i think it will start. then if not check the spark plug and check ova the whole bike

Any motorbike shop should have 'em,they are usually a 6mm thread with a nut that takes a 10mm spanner,i had to get one when one of mine fell out on first ride,cost me $5 with 2 nuts.
And yeah easy outs to get the broken one out.

Run over the basics, fuel, compresion, spark, check the choke and that the fuel tap is on. Dont take the last as an insult, ive been riding 10 years and spent 30mins trying to start my bike with the tap off yesty:eek:

Hey budd, same thing happend to me with the exhaust stud, i took the other 1 off and went down to yamaha, they gave me a stud similar for 50cents, also a lock washer thing for another 50cents,, then put high temp 222 lock tighton it and she wont move again!
about ur gasket,,, u need it!
get your engine up 2 skratch with ur billet kit on, make sure u got the exhaust on and the gaskets etc, fiddle round with the choke and fuel a bit..
i find sumtimes i have 2 turn my fuel off to start my bike, cuz i have 2 much flow for the start, then 1nce it has started i turn my fuel bak on,, u might wanna try ur chocke on 1/2!
hope thatl help budd,,
take care!
cheers

Hey, i don't think it's anything that serious considering you only touched the "dress up parts"

I.d check the cam cover. Some have a peice sticking out of it, which rubs onto the cam gear and makes it seem like you have alot of compression, when it's just making friction on the cam cover and cam gear. And hense you can't kick it over fast enough for it to start..

Check that, i may be wrong, but it's worth a try

ok thanks.. the bike is going again but yeh i have noticed with the new cam cover if i tighten it up to much i cant move the kickstart at all as it must be rubbing on the gear... but i hav done it up as tight as i can without rubbing on it.. there is a tiny gap but can i just put a bit of gasket glue around it to seals it???? thanks

Latest posts

Back