HELP -Thumpstar 125 Revs Up Like Crazy?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cviPs

Reaction score
I need help, I have no idea what the problem is

my bike was all good, than one day I started it (kick start) and it just REVVED UP to the max, I added a bit more throttle n it just goes a bit louder and when I leave the throttle its still hi revving, one of my mates cleaned up the carby and it did the same thing than 2 mins later he started it again and it was perfectly fine!, than the nxt day I started it and again the same problem!

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

take the cap off your carby where the cable goes in, you have a spring and all that cylinder thing with the needle in it. when you put this back in you gotta make sure it's all sitting in there properly. I've seen this happens on loads of different bikes and every time taking the cap off the carby and replacing it properly fixed it

Yep I checked that and I put it in properly, still same problem.

the air/fuel screw doesn't have any effect, It did before and when it was fixed that once, but that's not it.

Yep checked the screw and cable, same thing again.

is it revving it absolute f@#King tits off? or just revving higher than usual?

almost to the end!! I can jst rev up a bit more jst a bit.

well i 100% sure it's the throttle cable or the part where it goes in the carby, first just look at the cable all the way from the throttle to the carby and just make sure it's not snagged on anything.
now make sure your throttle isn't stuffed, if you can pull it all the way back and it all feels normal it's probably fine, but plastic throttles chew up on the inside very quickly.
now you need to take the cap off the carby, I know you already did this but I'm sure this is where the problem is. pull out the cylinder, remove the cable so you you're just holding the cylinder. pull out the needle and make sure the e-clip and w-clip are on properly and put them back in, now check the needle and make sure it's not bent ,just look over the whole thing very carefully and put it all back together carefully, if the fuel tank is in the way MOVE IT, the tinyest little kink in the spring or other mistake will cause the bike to rev it's tits off so just make sure you double check everything

sounds to me your slide is in back to front, pull the cap off and spin it 180 degree's, same thing happen to me when i got my motovert the tool's at FX racing put it in back to front so when i started my bike it just revved its tits off.

Sorry for late reply I wasn't home for a few days, I will have a look again at it by the end of the week sometimes. Tnx

same thing is happening on my bike

ive got a ts 250 suzuki and i was riding it fine one day then the next day it just started to rev its tits off like as much as it can rev it was doing that. ive cleaned my carby and made sure the throttle cable is alright and the springs alright (ive done it about 3 times over and still it revs like crazy. Although when you turn the choke off the revs die off and it stalls. i have checked the idle screw and air filter screw many times and it still happens. Hopefully some 1 can figure out whats wrong with yours and i might be able to fix mine:D.

Latest posts

Back