Help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdiirty

Reaction score
Got a gen 2005 thumpstar, Its been running fine till i gave it a wash. Only used warm soapy water and then used the hose. Had my air filter cover at the time. Now i can start it up but dies not long after, any ideas? Changed my spark plug still had same problem.

Any chance of water in the exhaust, although it sounds electrical like there is water in your kill switch of something????? :confused:

slight chance there some water could have got in the exhaust, what the best way to check this? Checked all the kill switch all seems fine.

i would say water got in your intake somehow, drain carb and flow some fresh fuel through it and give it a try

i would say water got in your intake somehow, drain carb and flow some fresh fuel through it and give it a try

Had a bag zipped tied over the air filter, not sure how water could have got in there, but drained the carb. Still having the same problem, gets close to starting but then dies. Any other suggestions?

how strong is your spark? are all your electrical connections still in tact you may have bumped something while cleaning, check CDI and coil

how strong is your spark? are all your electrical connections still in tact you may have bumped something while cleaning, check CDI and coil

Just unplugged the cdi, and shitload of water is around the connection, think that could be the problem? worth letting it dry out or just replace?

hey bud,
i have a genuine 05 thumpy also and i was washing mine on the weekend and the exact same thing happened. I washed the air filter out, and also when i took the air filter off to clean it i found that there was a rip in it about 1/4 the length of the rubber section when u put it on to ur carby, so i got sum electrical tape and that fixed that promblem, then i washed the air filter out..and tryed starting it..you could hear it kicking over, but jst wasnt starting..left it for about 10mins and it started beautifully...so hear is my advice:
check that the air filter has no rips. (cause if it has rips the motor may not be getting air)
clean the air filter
thats wat fixed mine so hope it wrks for you to, also my mate has an 04 genuine thumpy and the same thing happened but he left his over night and the next arvo it was all sweet.so good luck mate

a tear isnt going to stop air. it is going to allow grit in though...

a wet cdi is going to cause probs...give it ome wd40, give it a night to dry out, use a hairdryer, etc.

Just unplugged the cdi, and shitload of water is around the connection, think that could be the problem? worth letting it dry out or just replace?

Right on there, happened to me over the weekend, took it out cleaned it and it is all running like a dream

Latest posts

Back