high compression piston or rotor kit?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binky77

Reaction score
hey

i was wondering wat was the best part to put into a dhz 138cc(127cc) pit bike. ive got both parts but ive heard its not very good to put both in so i was wondering wich 1 would be the best to put in i have an inner rotor kit off ebay and a 55.5mm high compression high rev piston
or would it be fine to put both in?

thanks
from ryan

i reckon go with the high comp piston first then see how you like it you can always put the irk in later if need be

yeh i was thinking that ill get the piston in first then see how to go about puttin the kit in or i might just sell it if i like it with the piston only

keep us posted how the piston goes i was thinking of getting one for my 138

the only problem with putting the irk in is that you have to alter your oil slinger (lighten it up) to counteract the massive weight change from the flywheel to the irk. if you decide after doing this that the hc piston was the way to go and you put your original flywheel back in, will this cause problems with the oil slinger being lighter than it was originally because you will have one side heavy (re-installed flywheel) and one light side being the lightened oil slinger....

unfortunatly i dont know the answer to this question so it will give you something to think about, but im sure someone like roost will know the answer to this one.

Cheers, Tony.

ill try with just the piston 1st then see if theres much differents in performance and if it doesnt do much then ill put the irk in but ive heard its not a good idea to put the irk and hc piston in ??

i also have heard the same thing but i created this thread a little while ago to answer some of those quetions.

http://www.miniriders.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=8233

from this thread my understanding now is that you can fit a hc piston and inner rotor kit with the lightened oil slinger but you have to bump start your motor or you will result in destroying your casings. (only kick start as a last resort) but have a bit of a read man, hope it helps you out.

Cheers, Tony.

Latest posts

Back