Honda cr85r, having a slight problem..

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SSR-125

Reaction score
i picked up a cr85r expert. when its in neutral and i put in the clutch and go to first it shuts off before i even attempt to even release the clutch. i didn't let the bike warm up at all cause i just got home late at night so i was wondering what you guys thought? its a 2 stroke. im thinking bike needs too be warm because i was reading up o it but not sure

Maybe a clutch prob or sticky plates, tie the clutch handle so it is pulled in and leave it for a night , it may loosen up, you can also start the bike and whilst in neutral lean the bike over allowing more hot oil to cover, do this for 5-10 mins leaning upright every now and then to prevent starving any internals for an extended period of time, and it may loosen also. If it persists remove the clutch case and remove the plates and inspect, more than likely they are sticky and stuck together not releasing.

yeah not familiar with these clutch plates and ect. i can tie the clutch handle all the way in and leave it in for the night and see if it changes anything but its really weird..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back