How do you remove the choke on a Mikuni Carb?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjc85

Reaction score
I'm not sure what size it is exaclty, but its on an Orion 125cc.

I had the carb pulled apart yesterday checking the main jet for blockage etc. Do i just undo the nut on the choke and take it off and all the other pieces out. Does it make much a difference on these little mikuni carbs ?

And is there like a hole that you have to fill after you remove choke ? If so how do you do that ?

dont waste ur time, u wont feel nothing, and there there will be a time when u need a choke & u wont have it, best bet to leave it on and save the hassel.

Well i wasn't going to remove if for performance, i was going to remove it to see it it helps my prob of the bike spluttering/bogging out in high rpm. Does it restrict the airflow much, because im sure my bike is running to rich still with a lean circlip setting and i thought maybe the extra air might help combustion at higher rpm?

Dirt Bikez & Pocket B said:
mate it wouldnt help if u remove it, leave it and take it 2 a shop, it could be something small u wouldnt know :?

Taking to a shop is losing the fight, i'm not gonna do that until its a last resort. I'd rather learn about the bike while trying to fix it so next time it's much easier when i have problems.

Latest posts

Back