Installing new Carbi

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last week I bought an orion no 29 125cc, the carbi was stuffed. The floats were stuck either on and flooded the carbi until it came out the overflow or opposite and no fuel.
So I got sent a new carbi, when installing can I just bolt it on and hope for it to work, or will I need to tune it with the two screws on it. Please explain

well your standard i believe is to bolt this new carbie on and fire it over, see if she has the gas running through and will start. once again i would assume you will have to make some changes. for your air / fuel mixture screw you turn the screw all the way in, then out 2 full turns. for your idle its basically prefrence. alot of carbies are different on idle, my brother has a no name carbie and had 2 3/4 turns on his idle screw, i have 5 1/2 turns so there is a range of settings but the 2 turns for fuel air is a standard accross the board.

what kind of carbie are you getting. i may not have all the answers but the knowledge on this forum is unreal and someone is always willing to help. give us a little more info and you will find the answers you seek.

Cheers, Tony.

I'm at work and can't tell you the brand that was sent to me. The carbie probably has some name on I just cant remember. It was a replacement not a modified type. The origional was a mikuni but this isn't, I think it was made in Japan which is not a bad thing seems they have better workmanship there. I'll try the settings you gave me if it doesn't run well. I've had alot of people say don't touch your carbie. I should be safe on the two turns for the fuel air mixture, and then just adjust my idle to suit. Cheers thats a great help.

Hey Bones, My agb29 stock carb is a joke. I want a mikuni 26mm but is there a certain one I need. I know the stock one is held on by two bolts but most mikuni carbs I see aren't.

the real mikuni 26mm isn't held on by the two flange bolts they insert into a rubber and that rubber bolts to the manifold. Beware the liars who say the bolt on carb is real mikuni.

rokzuk i have the carb that bolts to the manifold like u r talking about and it has mikuni printed on it and it works fine. i agree my mikuni on my yz needs the rubber flange though... i didnt think they would get away with printing mikuni on a carb and advertising it if it wasnt one though??

ye the gasket on my carby is stuffed. i need a noew one.

its china:p they can print whatever the hell they like on a carbie...

there was a thread somewhere describing the two types of mikuni 26...ones a flange/bolt mount, ones a rubber mount...

anything else is a china copy...but who cares, they work...

now, back on topic. bolt the new one on. turn fuel on. start bike, let it warm up, set the idle.

any problems, fiddle. search first(open in a new tab or just read all the thread titles:p)

but out of the box, it should be pretty well much spot on...

but the problem with the original one sounds pretty basic to fix... maybe.

Latest posts

Back