Jumping these bikes

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How much jumping do you reckon these bikes can handle, in particular my orion 125cc. It had its first real ride on Sun and copped an absolute smashing at Ripley. probs 1.5 metres high. Also with my shocks should i put more air in the back shock it seems pretty soft. not sure if I can do anything about the fronts.

Last edited:
you can always do something. heavier weight oil in the front and some HD springs could make your fronts much stiffer and better for jumping but dont overdo it otherwise the ride will be quite uncomfortable. with the back you could put more air in (provided its an air pump and not hydrogen gas) or you could adjust your preload nut. this is a nut on top of the spring which makes the preload stiffer of softer pending which way you turn it. i have adjusted my preload 3 full turns as i like a solid ride.

you may want to look into bracing the frame and the swingarm.

http://www.miniriders.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=8271&highlight=frame+bracing

little information on another thread but there is plenty on here about frame bracing so go search and type FRAME BRACING and you will find plenty of threads about it mate.

Cheers, Tony.

cheers again bones, you've once again helped me out.

What sort of oil and where would i get it for the front forks. Secondly how do you change the oil? Any bike shop?

I think I will stiffen up the back a bit as per what you suggested.

i am not too sure about the weight of oil in your forks currently but i would say its 2.5w oil as this is a standard for most companies. get some 5w oil which you can get from any motobike shop. to change your oil go to this link and it should help you out mate.

http://www.miniriders.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=6319&highlight=changing+fork+oil

basic principals apply to USD forks and your conventional forks (not USD :D)

any other q's, just let us know mate :D

Cheers, Tony.

P.S: only reason i suggest changing your oil is because its a cheap solution to what could fix your problem, also you could put some spacers inbetween the spring and top nut, for spacers you can use 20 cent pieces just make sure you compensate by removing the required oil so your oil/air pressure isnt effected by this, only the spring is :D. if all else fails look into some new forks :D.

I re gased the rear shock to 700lb of nitrogn, but DONT use normal air you will have problems. as for the front they use air pressure as well. Will be sorting the forks out soon will let you know what works. You will need to put a 15mm axle in the rear if you want to jump.

Last edited:
Cheers guys. Thanks for the help i'll look into all of the suggestions and see how i go. I'll check out the link on how to change the fork oil.

glad i found this site, you guys know your sh#t.

you can always do something. heavier weight oil in the front and some HD springs could make your fronts much stiffer and better for jumping but dont overdo it otherwise the ride will be quite uncomfortable. with the back you could put more air in (provided its an air pump and not hydrogen gas) or you could adjust your preload nut. this is a nut on top of the spring which makes the preload stiffer of softer pending which way you turn it. i have adjusted my preload 3 full turns as i like a solid ride.

you may want to look into bracing the frame and the swingarm.

http://www.miniriders.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=8271&highlight=frame+bracing

little information on another thread but there is plenty on here about frame bracing so go search and type FRAME BRACING and you will find plenty of threads about it mate.

Cheers, Tony.

Good post bones. nice

Also, with the agb 29 i don't think you will snap the frame at 1.5m high, mabye get fork springs and thicker oil because that seems to be heeps better

i put heavier fork oil in my fork and its a shit load better now
but i got the bike shop to do mine
off topic but how does the agb29 handle just
axle, suspension wise
is it good

Yea
I was there,Tried jumping the big table top's up the back,Holy shit!!!!won't do that again till i do my fork's
STICK

Latest posts

Back