klx110 suspension setup's

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob78

Reaction score
Personally Im running stock forks with heavy duty springs & 30w fork oil. Out back is the stock swingarm & i-shock.

Im looking to upgrade to a 2+ swingarm and different shock & forks

what kind of setups do yall have?

Personally Im running stock forks with heavy duty springs & 30w fork oil. Out back is the stock swingarm & i-shock.

Im looking to upgrade to a 2+ swingarm and different shock & forks

what kind of setups do yall have?

ey mate ive got a set a kx60 forks with hd springs that i need to get rid of as there just sittin in my shed

thanks for the offer on the kx60 forks but when I upgrade Im going with something that has disc brakes!

thinking either kx65 or ktm65

what kind of setups do yall use?

DNM all round. mt-bag and m200s. Havent riden on the forks yet but ill let you know. Had the shock re-built by Hoey here in adelaide and they replaced the oil seal with something better and turned up something else to stop it leaking again..... cost the same as the shock did originally but hope its better now.

read through here , i put a crap load of info in there

http://www.miniriders.com.au/crf-klx-ttr-drz-section/28173-got-me-klx110.html

kx65's are a nice fork if you can get them cheap enough and build them up.

The Gpx are also a real nice fork with a oil change and are cheap and will fit with a bearing conversion.

there is some good info in that thread but its geared more for dirt riding that roadracing.

the only dirt this bike is gonna see is when I run off track, lol

what differences would you need ?

wider clamps , axle sizes , brake etc

What kind of front wheel are you running.

seriously?

you dont know the difference between a dirt set-up and roadrace setup?

wow!

you cant just buy suspension set-up for dirt and expect it to handle very well for road racing, dirt setups are too soft. the feel and handling you get from riding in dirt vs roadrace is completely different

front and rear wheels are 12x2.15 with 100/90 TT92's

No need to be a dick head?

about every mini motard basically uses DIRT forks ......... whats your point .. get the best you can afford take them to a suspension shop to accommodate your motard style.........

so you think kx65 or ktm 65 forks are motard forks.......... wow?..

LMAO! that post was not me being a dick trust me...

ktm65 & kx65 forks are dirt bike forks yes but its how there "SETUP" that is what makes the difference

and motard is a dirt bike that "SETUP" for street use

the links you provided were on how different "SETUP" handles in dirt which is completly different "SETUP" than they should be if it was a for a motard

which brings me back to my original question..... what kind of "SETUP" do yall run?

what have yall found that work the best and why?

I did post this in the right section right? let me look........ yep this is the mini motard section

i dont think we have many (or any??) klx110 motards on here actually...
i think were all chinga here with maybe a crf50 or two ;)

The links i posted where basically about what fork/shock is better then the other .. not about how it handles in dirt ..

still dont understand what you want...

take any shock /fork you get to a suspension joint get it set up for motard .. there ya go there's ya "SETUP"

get the KTM65 forks, just for the brakes, or you could upgrade to RM85 brakes pretty simple mod, I have done it takes a weld, retap and a couple of washers.

All the fastest guys in racing motards in Australia are either running the GPX black label, Marzocchi Shivers or Zocchi copies.
From there they adjust, tune, change oils and slide up or down the clamps to get the best feel, handling and performance.
If you can afford it go the shivers as they offer a greater range of adjustment, GPX may need a little more tickling with oils before you get them right.
But unless you are trail braking and dropping knees round corners at 80km/h you probably arn't going to notice much of a difference anyway.

You should also run a 2.5 rear rim with th Dunlop TT's as 2.15 will offer less contact patch and a steep tyre edge offering little grip. you could even go out to a 3.0 rim but you won't be able to crank the bike over as far without rolling off the side of the tyre.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back