Last problem with my Bike = Shock

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hustle

Reaction score
Well, Macks helped me fix my brake. The last problem with my Thumpstar, is the shock.

Well, its an original shock, but it doesn't seem to bounce at all.
There is a tiny difference if i move the - + to the +, but only a tiny difference.

There is no air in it at all. When i opened the air valve on it, i pressed the pin down, and a tiny bit of air came out and thats it. I tried putting air in it with my bike pump, but it wouldn't let me put any more in.

Is there a way of fixing it or is it just useless now? I would prefer not buying a new one as a half decent one is very expensive.
Thanks.
Heres my shock. It is a genuine thumpstar shock as it has thump* written on it.

Photo-0041.jpg

Photo-0040.jpg

same shock as mine, take it 2 a petrol station & use their air pump be stronger thah ya hand pump.

But i though, if that had to air in it, it should be bouncy as anything or closed up.

Its solid open. Is that right?

Also, i can't get the bolt of the shock. Its on solid.

I'd say that seized bolt is binding the shock in the mount. Get them both out before you go on. I think you'll find that the shock may start to work then.

Hey hustle...whats happenin? Skinned those nuckles yet?

Yes, skinned them loads. The bolts are on solid.
Going to take it to my local mechanic... again.....

just to get the bolt of.
Will update soon.

I found a Original thumpstar shock the same as mine on ebay but the guy wants £70 for it. I think thats about 200 au dollas.

I'd wait till you get the bolts loosed, your shock may be fine. If your gonna spend money on a shock, I'd put the money towards a better shock if possible.

all depends which individual shocks your comparing

Latest posts

Back