Latest Lakeside news..

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Smiles and laughter were the order of the days events.. Absolutely beautiful blue Sky's after a forecast of 'rain periods'.. The downside was that the winds were quite strong and as a result a quick shade took a hit..

Great to see all the same and even more smiling faces getting around trackside..As always, Motard and Scooter guys and girls, it's a pleasure to share the track.. I also heard some aren't feeling to well and are very sick, so were shacked up at home today, get well soon kids..

Medic had 1 call out today.. Rider had scrap marks and a sore shoulder but otherwise fine.. Pics to follow..

As of the next Rnd, sliders are to be fitted to ALL bikes that enter the track.. This means that for Minimoto..
ALL handle bar ends must have the hand grip covering the bar or sliders attached.. There will be no bare aluminum or steel pegs, all pegs MUST be either plastic or have sliders attached to them..
Motard.. Bar end sliders or barkbusters.. Sliders on foot pegs, even after the peg flips up and it is possible for the foot peg mount to scrape, then a slider must be attached to it.. If a bash plate touches while the bike is laid on its side, then it also must have a slider attached..If the rear axle can touch the track during a slide then, they it is required to run axle sliders..
Scooters..Side/centre stands are to be either removed or have sliders fitted so they will protect the track in the event of a slide.. Also unsure whether it's a gearbox or what but, the box that hangs near the left hand side rear axle, is also to have a slider attached.. Handle bar ends must be covered by handgrip or bar ends/sliders..
All this must be complied by with all bikes before entering the racing circuit.. This is to ensure that everyone has somewhere to ride for decades to come.. Also it benefits all track users, as the surface will stay in better condition for everyone for longer, win-win..

Reminder that 'The Shak' will be here next Sunday to film for their program..
It is free of charge to all AASA license holders(test and tune day ;) ), those with no license can obtain one on the day.. It could be a good opportunity for those that have not been to Lakeside, to come and check the track out..

Special thanks to the days volunteers Kristy, Donna and Christian.. Further thanks to everyone for the great day, see you all next time..

Reminder that tomorow(Sunday) 5th April, is a free day for all AASA license holders at Lakeside to ride your bikes .. If you don't have a license you can obtain one on the day..

Also a Governed and Endorsed Queensland Titles For Minimotard and Minimoto will be run on the 16th August, 2009..

Last edited:
hey small wheels , have the compulsary lakeside mufflers arrived in stock yet ? also what slick tyres do you sell ? brand , size , price, ? has the track got any dirt sections or any plans for dirt n jumps.wanted to go this weekend but not willing to try my luck with compulsary exhaust not fitted , long way to drive to get told cant ride .! cheers greats about news about qld champs ! is one day licence available?

Hi dafunk,

Completly unsure about what stock 'Small Wheels Deals' currently have.. You would be best to ring the shop directly, tommorow(monday)..

Also unsure about what brand tyres they sell, I'd imagine they are just Chinese brands.. As for some decent tyres, I'm sure there is many people reading this that can best direct you as to which are the best brands etc..

It is all bitchumen and concrete track, no dirt section..

Furthermore it is also compulsory to run peg, axle, bashplate sliders if required..
This is only a bonus for yourself and all other track users, as it allows us to enjoy a better track surface..

REMINDER

All motards are to have the required sliders attached.

Non-compliant bikes will NOT be allowed on the track.

All categorys of bike are to comply with these or similar rules, no usergroup is being unfairly targeted. But in the longrun everyone wins.

Excellent conditions today for all..

We arrived in the complex at 8.00, the track was 100% saturated.. By 8.30 the track was 80% dry.. By 9.30 the track was 98% dry.. The track itself proved that it has excellent drainage and does not take long at all to be able to race on..

Not to sure if there was any rain around the S.E. Qld, however there was a 1 min period of sprinkle over Lakeside and I could have counted the amount of drops in a 1 metre square area on two hands..

Some excellent close, clean racing was on the cards today..

There was two offs, both needed no medic attention.. But it is great to have them there reguardless..
Both of those offs, proved exactly why everyone must now run sliders/plastic pegs and bar ends.. The protection did exactly what we wanted to achieve, and that is to keep the track in the best possible condition for everyones enjoyment..
Thanks to all those who did not hesitate in setting their bikes up to suit the track requirements!!

It is great to see so many girls/ladies getting out on track and having a go.. Whether it be Minimoto, Minitard or Scooters..

There has been HUGE interest in the upcoming 'Enduro' races..
I will post up info in the coming days as to the requirements for all catergories(Minimoto/Minitard/Scooter)..
We will also be hosting a Governed and Endorsed Queensland Titles on the 16th August 09.. This will be for Minimoto, Minimotard and Scooters..

MASSIVE thanks go out to Craig, Rob and Shelley..
Especially Craig, for going out of his way and reaching into his own pocket to make a new starting system, not to forget the time to make it.. It is very MotoGP 'esq..
Also, Rob and Shelley for once again coming out and donating your time to be flag marshals and lap scorers..
BRAVO to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you all in a fortnights time for Rnd 5 and more of the same FUN..

hey @Small Wheel S'day Manager i have a 125cc pit bike bought from " small wheel deals "
can I go one the track stock or what is required and i'm 15 will i be able to ride my pit bike around the track since i can't get a "AASA " licence ?

hey @Small Wheel S'day Manager i have a 125cc pit bike bought from " small wheel deals "
can I go one the track stock or what is required and i'm 15 will i be able to ride my pit bike around the track since i can't get a "AASA " licence ?

Check the date stamp mate. Threads from 09' and member hasnt been on since Feb 2010.

Yes you can ride at Lakeside.
Why do you say you can't get an AASA license? Anyone over the age of 6 can get one and ride.
Next ride day is the 12th February.
See you there.

Yes you can ride at Lakeside.
Why do you say you can't get an AASA license? Anyone over the age of 6 can get one and ride.
Next ride day is the 12th February.
See you there.

kk thanks mate what mods do i have to do to my bike and how do i get a AASA license ?

Latest posts

Back