Leatt Adventure 2

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paton

Reaction score
Purchased the new 2010 Leatt Adventure 2 Brace today so her is a review.

First off i have used the leatt club brace in the past (borrowed one) and have also have had a run with a mates Alpinestars Bionic Brace.

The Adventure Brace is designed for the weekend worrier on the lower of budgets, but still offers the same amount of protection, the only difference being the level of adjust-ability. Where the club brace is able to be adjusted 'up and down' basically meaning how far forward your head can move to look down and up.

The Adventure 2 does not have this adjust-ability it is in a fixed position. At first i was a little put off by this but after having a ride around, and a go with a skid lid i was very happy, and felt that it offered enough movement, and like the other braces i mentioned, after a couple of laps, you don't even notice it being there.

A great new feature of the adventure 2 is that they now have the same padding kits as the leatt club. The old adventure as some of you may know featured the grey foam which not only looked a bit cheap and nasty, didn't hold up that well. So now you can change your padding kits for fancy ones ;)

The adventure can be worn with or without a roost guard, it comes with the strap system to wear without a guard. It is just a basic strap that goes around your chest to hold it to your body. But if your like me and wear a chest plate the Thor sentinal is designed along side the leatt to fit really nicely and eliminate the need for the straps.

How it works....

In a nutshell it stops your from breaking your neck/causing spinal injury you can see here in the photos that it limits how far the neck can extend in the event of a crash... Excuse my ugly mug lol

There are 2 sizes available small for the kiddies, and medium for the adults. They come with multiple fitments or spacers, 4 different sizes, to get it to sit nice and snug to your body. There is also adjustment in the back section to bring the back-plate even closer to your body, via two shims, and an optional 7degree wedge.

Spacers

Here i have the 7 degree wedge installed in behind the carbon fiber plate and you can also see the 2 shims at the top, giving this the smallest level of adjustment to suit me.

This is a link to a fitment video

YouTube - Leatt Brace Fitment Video

As for pricing it seems the recommended retail is $399 but with a little bargaining i managed mine for $350. Watch for motoshops as they love a big mark up on these and if they want more than $400, just walk out.

Compared to the other braces that i have tried i am pleased to say that i found no need to fork out the extra for the club and i am stoked with the product for the price. As compared to the alpinestars bionic, the bionic was quite similar in terms of adjustment but i think it comes down to a matter of personal preference, and in my case this brace suited my need and could be used with my thor roost gaurd.

So hopefully i can encourage people to buy one of these, they really can save your life/quality of life. Some people may say $400 well wasted, but really can you put a price on your neck and your safety.

Ride on

thing is with the adventure is if the front breaks your stuffed because you pretty much have to buy a new one but the advantage with the club is that it will break within two seperate parts and they are both replacable through warranty . but other than that they look pretty good . good reveiw bud

Nice, I just bought one myself on Friday to use in tas at the mini sx. I ended the night with a fair get off and not sure if it was used or not but I'm just glad I had one on.
When riding I didn't even notice that I had it on and when looking up the face of some jumps you need good head movement and I was never restricted.
I wear it with a full pressure suit/ armour. Getting that and the brace on together along with a jersey it was a bit of a struggle but that would be the only down side.
It wasn't the new adventure but the old adventure with the ugly foam, but I will be changing to the nicer pading.
If it breaks I just look at it this way... I'd rather buy a $400 brace than spend a life time in a wheel chair or a week off work, $400 bucks is less than both.
Cheers, nice review I would encourage everyone to wear one!

hi mate i got the club brace, im having heaps of trouble gettin it to fit in my thor sentinel , i can get it in but it takes a fair bit, did you modify yours ?

hey mate nah you don't have to modify your sentinal, i found the easiest way to get it in is to throw your sentinal on but don't clip it up. Then put the brace on from 2 pieces (unclip both sides so it is in 2). Slide the back half in, make sure the shoulder tabs go underneath the arm straps of the sentinal, and then tuck the front half in and do up both the sides of leatt, followed by the clips on your armour.

Hope this helps, it is a bit awkward but once you get the hang of it you will be set.

Latest posts

Back