lifan 125 engine problem need help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roost

Reaction score
HI, just purchased lifan 125 engine(1P54FMI) and have big problem the front sprocket has different pitch to most pit bikes(thumpstar ,pitboss, orion, provert ,atomic ,ect.), and i can not change sprocket as it has different size output shaft(larger) than bikes above. I think most pit bikes have 420 pitch, could this be 428 pitch and if so can i get a rear sprocket with this pitch .Has anyone else had this problem? if any one could help as i have just spent $$$$ doing custom build up please help,thanks

Yep its the heavier 428. This is one of the subtle differences people aren't aware of with these bikes. I would keep a 428 drive train. Sprockets and chains are available, just have to match hub. The 420 sprockets are 6mm thick and the 428 is 7mm. Can help you find one if you post dimensions or pic of rear hub.

hi thanks iam prepared to buy new hub to match new sprocket as the hub dementions are 54mm center and 52mm bolt cap (center to center) , will any hub fit or can you recommend one and how much is it. It is for a 12' rim 32 spoke , thanks

i think it is off a shity orion , that is why iam willing to go to a new wheel

Latest posts

Back