lifan or not?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tubes380

Reaction score
i was looking at my bros dhz 138cc yesterday and noticed there isnt any lifan branding on the cases of the engine. ive got a pitpro and it has got the branding and these engines are supposed to be identical. so is the dhz engine a lifan or not.

another thing that brought my attention to this is a kind of pinging/rattling noise coming from the dhz's head area. we both run the same fuel and oil and yet my bike runs nice and smooth without any noise.

anybody got anything on why the casings are different and wether the engines in the dhz are genuine lifan.

Yep deffinatly Lifan. I think its just that some importers choose not to have the engine brand showing when they order their bikes.

my bike also rattles on ideal, i think it has something to do with the timing chain, as when i am riding it, i cant hear it, and im pritty sure someone has said on here b4 that they tension themselfs or something like that

yeah its the timing chain, my gpx did the same thing for a few weeks till it regained tension (the good guys at sa dirt bikes filled me in about this) cause apparently its tensioned up with an oil system somehow so there could possibly be a bubble or something just giving it a bit of slack, when this bubble has cleared you will be right to go.

Lifan head office says there are plenty of copy's (a copy of a copy!) being sold as Lifans. It is a big problem for them. The serial mumber is the only way to tell.

Lifan head office says there are plenty of copy's (a copy of a copy!) being sold as Lifans. It is a big problem for them. The serial mumber is the only way to tell.

What should the proper serial number for a geniune Lifan 138cc be? Can't find jack on Lifans website!

my pitpro came with a tag from lifan that had a serial number on it looked ligit but the dhz didnt have one i am starting to think that it isnt lifan more and more

thanks for the info though glad to know that its not a problem that well have to fix

my pitpro came with a tag from lifan that had a serial number on it looked ligit but the dhz didnt have one i am starting to think that it isnt lifan more and more

thanks for the info though glad to know that its not a problem that well have to fix

whats your serial number say 1p54fmh or what it is above the engine number on the bottom of left hand centre engine case . All the DHZ bikes i have seen have genuine lifan's in them and i have seen about 20 or so

yeh the dhz also has the serial number on the cases but every engine would have that i suspect the issue ive got is it didnt come with the tag thingy

maybe im just paranoid i dunno

yeh the dhz also has the serial number on the cases but every engine would have that i suspect the issue ive got is it didnt come with the tag thingy

maybe im just paranoid i dunno

yes every egine does have one but they are differant between makes ( Ducar= dj54 , lifan 1p54fmh, ect) it is alot easier to to put a paper tag on than to copy serial number on engine. I think you will find DHZ removes them as it is only a bit of paper. If you have a 1p52fmh which i think you will find it is the number it is a very good chance it is a Lifan. DHZ use 1P52FMH and MOJO use 1P54FMH and 1P56FMH 138'S. Even know DHZ use 1P52FMH engines they are still fitted with the 54mm piston. The last three engines i mentioned are all genuine lifans

fair enough

i guess they are genuine lifans than. just thought the guy was making a sales pitch like how he was claiming to have a 30mm carby on the dhz, me and my bros went to get some spares off him the other day to find he was a chinese man that didnt speak much english, maybe its all the language barrier but if the carby isnt what he said i was curous if the engine was ligit

thanks for the info again roost

he speaks good english to me, i donno what you are on about... he may not know alot about the bikes, but he still understands what the u want

About the serial no's.

The top code is the engine model no. This tells you how the motor left the factory. For e.g. if you buy a motor with xx52xxx, it left the factory with a 52mm bore, even if it is now a 138. It just means a reseller has modded the engine. A genuine Factory 127 or 138 will have xx54xxx and xx56xxx.

Now for authentication there is another number under the model code. This has to be checked with Lifan records for seeing if you are getting a genuine motor.

thanks mack thats what i thought originally just goes to show how dodgy some of these sellers are with what they claim to be selling.

i dont really care that the engines are/arent lifan cos they rip i was just curious to how correct the sellers are when they brand their product.

Latest posts

Back