little tip

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazzy #1

Reaction score
all those who are buying, or baught a pitbike, lubricate the clutch and throttle cables, and the clutch housing...id say use wd40

this will stop or help prevent any braking in the cables

Last edited:
I just got a pit bike today, which part of the cable do I spray, the whole lot, sorry this is all new to me. Anything else I should know or do to my bike before I ride it.

spray down the cable, where it enters the inside of the plastic.. and pull the little cover on your right hand side of the bike and spray that cylinder, also spray down the throttle. this requires some easy dismantling.. well worth your time.. will save you on buying cables

mmmkay

wd40 is a bit thin IMO, most runs straight through and dooesn't stay in there to lubricate...

I prefer a thin machine oil like 3in1 oil or airtool/nailgun oil ...

silkolenes wd40 based stuff with graphite in it works a treat, and you can get little things frommost bike shops that clip onto the top of the cable and direct the lube in the right place.
before i had when of these i used to tape a little plastic back to the top of the outer of the cable, and kind of make it like a cone shape, open at the top, and i just tip some oil in and wait for it to soak through.

There are cable lube tools $8-$12.. pritty neat little item easy to use and speeds up the process ten fold.

There is cable lube cans.. i tend to be out and about so nearly allways use what i have handy , motorex chain lube or crc if i have to.

yea, just waiting on clutch cable... so i can try to lube it and see how much longer it will last than the old (old one bout 5 hours)

only 5 hr's ... you must be getting some top shelf china stuff , my thumpstar cables are 2 years old with 70 hrs on them and still as good as the day i got em..

Latest posts

Back