Mikals CRF50 build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[I

IMG_2549.jpg

So I've learnt my lessson, and luckily there was no damage to the bike other than a couple of scratches, forks have been put back together (properly) And I'll definitely be checking them after each jump for a while to come.

Cheers
Michael

should of had a hat on

Haha.... I had sunnies on but they smashed to pieces... Don't care about the head coz that's rock hard, was pissed that I scratched my tattoo tho :( Big chunk gone from the elbow...

Found a pic of all the parts I bought just for a visual of what ~$1400 will buy for your 50 :)

The day I picked everything up before the modding began ;)

IMG_2361.jpg

Oh and I've decided the 88 kit is coming in the next few weeks, along with a heavy duty clutch.... Free shipping from the US to Aus is too good to pass up :p

Cheers
Michael

Haha.... I had sunnies on but they smashed to pieces... Don't care about the head coz that's rock hard, was pissed that I scratched my tattoo tho :( Big chunk gone from the elbow...

Found a pic of all the parts I bought just for a visual of what ~$1400 will buy for your 50 :)

The day I picked everything up before the modding began ;)

IMG_2361.jpg

Oh and I've decided the 88 kit is coming in the next few weeks, along with a heavy duty clutch.... Free shipping from the US to Aus is too good to pass up :p

Cheers
Michael

that looks siccck!!

Oh keep in mind that everything there came from the US.... And I bought it all when the Aus dollar was at about $1.05 US. So would cost a little more now.

Shipping was pretty steep but still worked out cheaper than buying from Australia I think.

Also any engine parts you want, get from Fire Power minis (site sponsor) they're offering free shipping for this month.

Michael

:b_grind:

Just placed an order for a TB Race head, 88cc kit and 20mm carb kit to suit, and a heavy duty auto clutch.. :action-smiley-035:

Dunno when I'll put it all on... I still wanna ride it as a 50 for a while before I go ripping the motor down. But free freight is what won me over haha...

I swear working over seas and having nothing to do after work is the work thing ever for online shopping!!!! Last swing it was all the 50 parts, this swing I've just got the 88 kit.. Hahaha.

:beerchug:
Michael

Yeah I'll do it all myself. Been working on my own big bikes for ages now so shouldn't be too hard.... I hope anyway.

88 kit is fitted!!! Little thing flies :)

Bit of fine tuning to do, but can't wait to get out and really test it out...

Having a bit of an issue with the throttle, the supplied cable looks a bit flimsy and the throttle keeps getting stuck at different points and when the bars are turned. Anyone got any solutions for this????

Cheers
Michael

maybe run the cable on your side of the bars or between the bars on the top side of the bar clamp, rather than the front and down the center under the bar clamp, I've done this when the cables are a tad short for free movement

Cheers I'll give it a try, the cable isn't short though at all... It's actually alot longer than the old one. I'll have a go, and if that doesn't work I might just put the old throttle cable back in and see how that one goes.

Gotta give it a tune tomorrow (Cup day today) And then get it out and see how she really goes when it running right!

One things for sure though... The little thing is loud as f**k with the FMF4.1 on it......

Cheers
Michael

Yeah when I put the Taki88 +r Superhead into my stock CRF50 with a ProCircuit T4 it got extremely loud and a crazy bark too it.. i wasn't expecting such a extreme difference in noise levels and note..

The TB race head should put a good smile on your face, once you get about 10hours on it and its free'd up it'll be a ball tearer and run allot smoother.

Found the valve clearance specs today so set that, also tuned the little monster so there's no bogging in the mid range :)

And fixed the throttle cable issue....

Super happy with how it goes now! Unfortunately couldn't really test it yet coz we had some huge storms last night so everything is muddy... But I'll test it in the next day or so!

Cant wait, pics to come :)

Michael

After a quick ride yesterday I've decided that the new clutch needs to go in, and I'll be installing that today... Just waiting for a mate to drop around the special tool need to remove the old one.

Trying to line up a few of the boys for a ride this arvo, so I'll get some pics if that goes ahead.

Cheers
Michael

After a quick ride yesterday I've decided that the new clutch needs to go in, and I'll be installing that today... Just waiting for a mate to drop around the special tool need to remove the old one.

Trying to line up a few of the boys for a ride this arvo, so I'll get some pics if that goes ahead.

Cheers
Michael

You can remove the clutch with a punch and mallet or hammer, just tap the nut around, that's what I did before I got the correct 4 pin tool.

Got the tool, new clutch went in without a drama....

Difference is amazing!!! I knew it was slipping as soon as I put the 88 kit on but had no idea it was so bad, may have had alot to do with adjustment also but can't go wrong with a heavy duty one over standard...

Bike runs awesome now!!!! So fast and heaps more fun to ride... Where I ride is a little sandy and the 50 struggled alot but the 88 is heaps of fun to tear around on!!!

A quick pic of the size difference of the primary drive gear from the stock to HD clutch...

IMG_9050.jpg

Cheers
Michael

Latest posts

Back