Mini Motard Questions?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjc85

Reaction score
I'm interested on racing my motovert at Archerfield in the Mini motard.

Just wondering what sort of bikes I'd be up against

My bike is as follows

Motovert Expert, Motovert Outlaw motor (141cc, IRK etc.), FMF 4.1 Exhaust.

And where and how much can I get a set of wheels and motard tyres? I will be swapping between these and my dirt depending what riding I'm doing so a motard set would be good. I wanna run 12" front and rear, should i get a rear rim for front and back as the motard tyres are same width?

And what attire is required? Can I wear my Fox 360 pants, or would be better off getting some full leathers?

Cheers
Mitch

Last edited:
Hi mate, If it helps Ive got my Expert set up as Supermotard i will through up some pics tonight.. Cheers :)

hi, i race motard in Gladstone Qld so im not to shore if our rules are the same or not

but yer 12 inch wheels are the go, the standard width rims are ok, mine are standard. but if you could get a wider front rim (probly to match the rear)
maxxis 120/70 profile tyres seem to be the best that us guys have used.

in our club we have to wear a leather jacket with all the armour in it, leather gloves, ankle high boots, knee guards and yer dirt bike pants or jeans.

hopefully that will help but yer not shore if the rules are the same, ours are based on the motorcycling queensland rules

cheers

i see you live in noosa, so the rules will probly be similar.

come to the bundaberg kart track on the 8th of july if you have ur bike all ready, its the qld titles race.

im racing, should be good

oh yer one last thing lol

i dont think you can race 140's, the MQ rules state no bigger then 125 4 stroke. so you will have to look into that.

cheers

Hey I just took my PitPro 140 down to Archerfield this morning. I've got 12/12 with some dodgy nylon motard tyres from DHZ. You should be fine to ride on practise, not sure about racing if that's true about the MQ rules. Anyway it'd be great to have more motards down there, at the moment there's about 5 of us I think. Attire wise just make sure you're well covered if you've got some proper gear that'll help. There's guys that ride with long sleeve shirts and pants with elbow and knee pads so you should be right.

sounds good, our club has something like 40 senior motard riders so yer if we can get this sport noticed it would be great.

check out our web site, it has all the stuff you would want to know on it :: CQ Mini Moto ::

cheers

Hello, I am also very interested in getting into the mini motard here in Brisie, I was under the assumption that the maximum cc's limit would be the same as down south and I have already started building up my 140cc lifan and purchasing parts :confused: . Could anybody else shine some more light, on the rules and regulations up here in Qld.

Cheers Matt

are the southern states racing 140's??

the motocycling queensland hand book speficaly states no more then 125cc 4 stroke. the 140s are riding the practice meets but when it is actual race days they r not allowed.

look on our website for all the info as it is to mq rules. if you would like further info contact someone from our club.

cheers and hope that helps

Hey thanks for clearing that up.

It is a bit disappointing to hear that though, from what I have been told and read on this forum, down south they are running a couple of classes up to 140cc and up to 146cc in the open class.

http://www.miniriders.com.au/forum/mini-chat/8491-racing.html

I have just fixed my old 125cc, so there might be some hope left... Do you know if there is any possibility, that the maximum capacity limits might be altered in the near future, to accommodate for all the 140's currently being sold?

Also I would love to have a look at the site, I haven't goggled it yet but could you possibly put a link up for anybody else that might be interested.

Thank again

Cheers Matt

Hey thanks for clearing that up.

It is a bit disappointing to hear that though, from what I have been told and read on this forum, down south they are running a couple of classes up to 140cc and up to 146cc in the open class.

http://www.miniriders.com.au/forum/mini-chat/8491-racing.html

I have just fixed my old 125cc, so there might be some hope left... Do you know if there is any possibility, that the maximum capacity limits might be altered in the near future, to accommodate for all the 140's currently being sold?

Also I would love to have a look at the site, I haven't goggled it yet but could you possibly put a link up for anybody else that might be interested.

Thank again

Cheers Matt

yes it is a shame because of the amount of these engines available and especially for older grown men as the 125s struggle. eg my farther hes over 6 foot and 100 kgs.

from what i have been told i believe any club can make their own class, eg a 140 class and legally race it on their own club meets. so some clubs may have that as u said. but once the event is run by motorcycling queensland or is promoted between other clubs where rules may be different the mq rules apply.

so if u are a member of one of those clubs then your right to race club events.

i believe they should make an outlaw class for pit bikes so the 140s etc can race as well as still apply the 125 classes.

it will be interesting to see what will happen once the sport gets a bit bigger.

cheers

hi guys, i race mini motard in gladstone qld australia.

our club is caled CQ Mini Moto club.

we hold 4 race meets and regular practice events.

in our club our rules all apply as per the motorcycling queensland hand book.

this is out sites link. :: CQ Mini Moto ::

or just type the club name in on google. all of the rules are stated on our site.

hopefully this can help everyone who has questions to ask. if u are still unsure contact one of the people stated on the site.

it would be great to get mini motards to become a big sport in oz and have some big events and publicity.

thanks alot

Ok nice, so I might be able to get it on the track yet.

I am not a member of any club, but I will have to do a bit more digging around to see what is available here in the Brisbane area.

I really hope that they do push for an 140cc outlaw class, in the near future and maybe even run say an 160cc open class... Then we would really see some motardy type sideways action :D.

I cant see the sport getting any smaller, as It would have to be one of the cheapest forms of racing around, as long as you don't drop you bike a lot. But I guess it will come down to how easy it is for people to get their bikes on track and start having a go.

So will see what happens.

Cheers Matt

Down here in NSW at our local spot which is the go-kart track there is classes all the way to 150cc but i think it's an insurance thing maybe the circumstances are different up there.

I have been informed the northern NSW bucket racing association will let us run with them and maybe end up with our own class if we get the numbers. 185cc limit yeehah.

They think we'll just run around the back of the field giving them overtaking practise...they may be in for a surprise. I am building up a few bikes to have a crack at them. The main difficulty getting guys keen to run with these racers is that you must abide their rules, and the first big hurdle is FULL leathers, gloves and boots. Cost as much as the bike. But once you've outlaid the money it will soon be forgotten when ya get tangled up on your big bore mini with a full size racer.

Latest posts

Back