Mini Motard Questions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 18910

Reaction score
Hello Mini Riders, This is my first thread so dont be mean! hahaha

I have some questions about Mini Motards.

1. Are there any clubs in Victoria?

2. Bike regulations?

3. Price: Track entry.

4. Tracks in Victoria?

5. Age?

6. What mods can be done?

Thanks in advance

Matt

I used to live in Vic mate and I know they have mini motard sessions at le mans go kart track in dandenong on Wednesday nights, just rock up with Ur bike and cash. Not sure how much or if it's a weekly thing but if Ur anywhere near ferntree gully hit up motorbike city and ask for Cramer, good bloke and goes down the track there a fair bit. He should be able to steer u in the right direction. I also remember a go kart track in sth morang use to do something similar but not sure if that's still the case

1. Are there any clubs in Victoria? South West Mini Moto Club

2. Bike regulations? Seniors China up to 160cc 4t and 1250mm wheelbase or Open make of up to 160cc 4t or 85cc 2t on 12" rims fuel to be pump fuel.

3. Price: Track entry. $50race entry fee, $5 day club membership $45 day event licence. Practice days a are the same but lice is only $20

4. Tracks in Victoria? Warrnamboool Kart track

5. Age? 7 up

6. What mods can be done? Anything within the rules. As above.

This is if you want to go racing with a club. Round 2 of the Club Championship is 3rd June from 8:30am gates open and practice under way at 9:30.

South Morang is best to go during a weekday as you will be turned away on the weekend if you don't prebook with about 20 others.

Le Mans in Dandy is on a Wednesday night. From 6pm till late and costs $50

Thanks heaps guys, hey Barnesd09 do you know what the junior bike regulations are?

Thanks heaps guys, hey Barnesd09 do you know what the junior bike regulations are?

Junior Regulations are the same as senior with the exception of 4t capacities.

Up to 125cc for 7-12yo
Up to 140cc for 13-15yo
At 16yo you become a senior.
All juniors and seniors can run a 85cc 2t. Its a bit silly , but they are the rules.

All rules though can be found in the General Competion Rules in Chapters 1 - 14 of the Manula of Motorcycle Sport and Class specific rules are found in Chapter 15 - Road Racing. These can be downloaded in pdf for from the MA and MV websites.

MOTAR ONROAD BLACK WHEEL SLICK 12' FRONT/REAR PITBIKE | eBay

+ you'll probably want to change the sprokets for a higher top speed (smaller on the rear, and larger on the front)

I'll give everyone a piece of advice that will give you the biggest performance boost for riding a mini motard. GEARING! It is the biggest and most important factor. Anything more than 100km/h and your wasting valuable revs. Most bikes with stock gearing are geared for more than 100km/h.
So no, smaller rear or larger front sproket is not always the answer. There are many gearing calculators out there and I have my personal data speadsheet posted on here somehwere a few times. Find it and use it! Its an excel spreadsheet.

I think it should be 65 2t for juniors but the rules say it is 85 2t for juniors. Those on the MA sub commitee have the power to change it.

Those linked motard rims are perfect to begin with. The CSTs provide enough grip to give you confidence to get your knee down, even in cold conditions. As you get better and up near the pointy end you will work out what works best for your iding style and bike handling.

Copied directly from MoMS

15.22.3.2 Class 5 (A & B): Minimotard 2 & 4 stk:
a) Must be Motard designed bike, no
road race type bikes allowed,
b) Age and capacity limitation,
Seniors - 4 stroke up to 160cc (auto or
manual) or 2 stroke up to 85cc (auto or
manual),
Juniors age 9 to under 13, 4 stroke up
to 125cc (auto or manual) or 2 stroke
85cc (auto or manual),
Juniors age 13 to under 16, 4 stroke up
to 140cc (auto or manual) or 2 stroke
85cc (auto or manual),

im not smart tell me now please master krazed

Or just purchase a slider and catch tank kit from one of the online shops or online from Braap. $45 approx. Bar sliders also. You will have to drill axle ends to bolt up sliders but the bolts are in the kit.

You have to wire up sump plug, caliper bolts etc. also.

btw atomikrider, i just went from a 14 rear to a 12 motard rim (picked mine up for $200 second hand with new bridgestone tires) and the gearing took my speed approximately 10-15km slower with the same sprocket and if you look at some of the tracks, eg dandenong and whatnot and take your bike for a ride estimate the length of the longest straight and if you hit the limiter at the end of the virtual straight then you are most likely geared well btw my bike is the reign bigfoot 150 (the lifan version)

later on you may want to install a larger front rotor (and make an adaptor bracket for your caliper) because they are likley to overheat

Latest posts

Back