Mods to make your bike like a rocket.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitchy

Reaction score
Hey does anyone know of any mods that will made your bike increase its top end and/or acceleration. I just need any mod that will make me able to beet my mates provert. What would a cam do, increase much speed? and does any one know of anywhere to get a pro one cheap.

thanks guys if you can help me

there are heaps of HP parts you can get, if u got the $$ you can get them.
there are diff types of 'race' cams, some are for low end tight tracks, some increase the power in the mid to high end range, and some are only made for high end.
big bore kits is another way to get HP, if you get a 131cc kit this will increase the the HP numbers by 2-3HP.
A brand name exhaust will let your bike BREATTTTH!, chinese exhausts have some weld in the pipe which stops it from being used to it's full capacity. A pipe adds about .5-1hp.
Bigger carby, max 26mm on 125cc engines.

125fanger said:
37t rear sprocket, if ur racing ova a long distance or a drag race this will cain his bike, remove the choke, uni filter. thats probably the best cheap list, if your not racing over a long distance the sprocket would be useless as it provides about 24km/h more top end speed ontop of what you already have. that is if u have a 48t rear (count b4 you buy it)
wouldnt cain it bcoz proverts have 37 sprockets, and have the gpx engine. pipe and sprocket would do the trick.

thanks for the help.
well i had a 42 on the rear and i am going to buy a 37t, that should do a far bit. and also trying to get a uni filter. When you say a big bore kit what do i ask fo when i am looking around for one. i have a 120cc. thanks

dont go overboard with certain mods like big bore kits as this will cost lots of dollars and your engine wont last, alot of guys forget the extra load on the bottom end and gearbox when fitting over size head / piston / cam kits, this is fine as long as you remember all bearings must be replaced to take the extra power load.unless your engine is a honda, i advise to change gearing as you are doing, fit a good mikuni 25 to 26 mm, get a good power pipe and a cdi rev booster.

if your get a good engine, eg gpx, you can do just about anything to these engines, a guy on planet mini's has turned this engine into a 160cc BEAST!
these engines are the best out of china and can handle quite a bit.
the max these engines will go to is about 146cc before u have to spend $$ on gettin all new bearings etc. Even a honda engine will still need $$ spent on it, prolly more than a china engine as it is a 50cc.

Mitchy- a big bore kit (BBK) consists of a larger piston, rings, clips, gaskets. If you go larger, you will need to have you engine bored to the size of the piston you go.

Latest posts

Back