moto vert 140

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reefa

Reaction score
Hi all,
Well my moto arrived on Saturday, a couple of days before I was expecting it, and had very little trouble setting it up. The packing crate in came in was a little damaged and I was expecting to be disappointed but all was good. Within an hour of getting the crate off the trailer she was running. Started on the third kick and without reving it too much, sounded like carb was set pretty reasonable. Whilst letting her warm up I checked all the bolts (which most were loose). I then drained the oil to find (as expected) metal shavings so I dev-con'd a small powerful magnet onto sump plug. After letting the tires down and re-inflating them I got to setting the suspension. The rear shock can certainly take some weight but I found the front to be a little soft even with the compression wound up all the way. May have to check fork oil levels and top up, or go to a slightly heavier oil or worst still, re spring it. With the shocks set as good as I could without taking her for a rap on the track, I loaded her onto the trailer along with the two dogs, the young bloke, the missus, fishing and camping gear and headed down to our little camping spot on the beach.
Not wanting to break her in on the beach I rode her around on the edge of mud flats and the hard ground that borders the beach. I had to really control myself to not wrap the throttle on for at least the first 20 mins of riding to at least give her a chance to break in and not just break. After a few small rides taking her easy, I felt she ready. I had been eyeing off some terrain in and around a creek bed that I thought would provide good obstacles to convert into small jumps and berms. I had an absolute ball ringing her neck and doing my best to keep on it. I was surprised with the throttle response and low to mid end torque that the lil 140 put out but weary of the front tyre that was doing it's best to dig into anything soft and throw the rear over.
Even the missus and young bloke had a crack proving to her that I wasn't just being selfish and was thinking of them when I ordered it.
After not having a bike for the past 6 years due to breaking my pelvis and compressing my spine on my 426, I am wrapped that I have convinced her to allow me to get back into it. Start small, make her happy then get myself a real bike.

Pro's of the Moto Vert Exp 140:

Upgraded suspension fully adjustable Marzoochi front, Elka rear
Good looking pitty with some quality parts
Large range of spares and performance parts
Digital CDI, Inner rotor kit already fitted
Responsive motor with large amount of torque for engine capacity.
Throaty big bore sound even with exhaust restrictions.
Good ergonomics and ride position

Cons:

I didn't receive all the bling parts as advertised eg billet fuel cap and oil cap.
Most bolts are loose
Tyres don't appear to fit rims too well but no vibration, bouncing or leaks.
Not enough brake fluid in master cylinders
Brittle plastics ( broke LH Side cover when young bloke dropped it on the beach)
Not enough gears ( still goes awesome, just used to going quicker)
1st is very short. I only use it when taking off
Front tyre hates anything soft making it tricky to ride in beach sand
Fuel cap doesn't fit/seal properly
It may be a step up from a scooter but you still get no respect unless your pulling mad tricks or overtaking through the whoops section.:scooter

Latest posts

Back