Motovert RX question

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hilli32

2014 VCM A Grade Champion
Reaction score
So i picked this baby up for a steal tonight but the problem is it has had the compliance plate drilled off the frame. My question is whether or not it is now impossible to register for road use? Its most probably a long shot but is it possible to get it replaced or something becasue the bike has once passed compliance
cheers
imagejpg1.jpg

i'd be a bit worried, i imagine you'd have to have photographic evidence of it once being there at least.

i'd head down to the RTA, and ask some questions.

yeah thanks for the reply
The frame number is still engraved on the headtube so would there be a record of the frame number being issued a compliance plate?
and its clear as day that the plate has been drilled out. recently as well
Just thought i'd jump on here and see what people think cos it needs alot of work to get a road worthy anyway!

it seems a bit strange that the compliance plate was drilled off, i cant think of any logical reason as to why someone would do that? seems kind of dodgy to me, i would get it checked out to see if it was every reported stolen...

We imagine it was drilled off to put on another bike to get registered as this one needs alot of tlc to get a roadworthy
Yeah wouldnt surprise me at all if it was stolen the people we bought it off were dogy as hahah. i will check it out this week.

yea man, i'd get right on that. did u right up a receipt with both parties signing that it was sold for the specific amount?

otherwise you can be held accountable for possession of stolen property, and can be charged...

Latest posts

Back