My Mini Dirt Bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hustle

Reaction score
Hi Guys. Well 3 weeks ago i bought a mini dirt bike for some fun down the motorbike track near me. I bought 2. One for me, one for the grownup that has to be with me when riding.
Well when i bought it, i spent 1 week putting greese on all the bolts and swingarm bolt and tighening it all up. The first time i went out on it, it was fine. Accept my brother fell of it and bent the handle bars up and ripped some of the graphics. Well i bought new handle bars now and i went out on it last sunday and noticed it has a slight petrol leak.
Where the on off and reserve switch is, where the top of that joins the petrol tank, there is petrol comming through that. I don't know whether the seel has come off ect but its leeking petrol and thats all i know.

I paid ?500 english pounds for this (Cound't find an english forum so im using your country's one). Does the bike look ok? Anyone got any ideas on what i can do to stop the petrol leaking from the fuel tap?

MyBike.jpg

looks pretty good, usd forks, good rear shock, the only thing i would do ischange the wheels to 10" wheels because they look much cooler.

500 punds is pretty cheap, i fixed the probem with my old one, you just put blu-tack around the tap.

Nice bike mate, for 500. You even got an alloy swingarm, i wouldn't change the wheels at all, they only become harder to ride and handle with smaller wheels.

Try tightenging the thread on the tap into the tank, twist it clockwise a little. Maybe when your brother fell off it got undone a little bit. Also make sure the fuel line is connected to the tap properly.

A good site for these bikes in the UK is

www.rampagepitbike.2ya.com

The forum is mainly for Rampage bikes but yours probably is a rampage just with alloy swingarm and different stickers.

Mitch

r.e

Bluetack. Good idea. Never thought of that.
Any other sugestions thoe?

One more thing, as the bike has only been ridden twice from new, it is only being run in. How long should the run in take and what differences will i notice once it has been run in.

I have had it flat out on a strate path and it got to 50mph. Will it get faster once it has been run in? Cheers :)

hahahahah i started this blue tack idea, i feel so proud :lol: yeh it worked for my dirt bike so it should work for yours, put enough to cover leak 8)

You should run it in for a tank of fuel as most people say, but really i don't think it needs to be ridden slow the whole time, you can full throttle it just don't hold it on full for to long. I don't think the bike is going to be any faster once its run in :p

bluetack, you must be joking. next time you have some of this put it in some petrol for an hour and then feel it. if you have leakage at the fuel tap thread use some plumbers tape [ white in colour] just undo the tap and wrap around the thread say 6 to 10 times then re fit .

RD RACING said:
bluetack, you must be joking. next time you have some of this put it in some petrol for an hour and then feel it. if you have leakage at the fuel tap thread use some plumbers tape [ white in colour] just undo the tap and wrap around the thread say 6 to 10 times then re fit .

Yeah bluetack is soluable in fuel along with many other plastic substances. I would just use thread tape as RD suggested.

re

Well bluetack didn't work. Woke up this morning and it had fallen of and gone all slushy. What else can i do accept the take stuff.

Latest posts

Back