My new Apollo Orion agb-30

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennaz

Reaction score
Hey all, Im new to the whole mini bike craze and i just got a new Apollo Orion agb-30 for $1000. I have searched all over the net and havent really found much out about them. The manual that came with the bike is like 20 pages of nothing. Anyone know some good/bad things about this bike? how easy is it to get parts? Does anyone else have one? I have also noticed people say Apollo Orion agb-31 when they are talking about the 250cc Orion, In my manual it says its agb-30. Does this mean anything or could it just be a generic manual for all orion bikes?

sweet lookin ride mate, I no nothing about them, only what has been said on here, So I am no help. enjoy riding it, just make sure you tighten every bolt on it and apply lock-tite on everything with a thread.

sweet lookin ride mate, I no nothing about them, only what has been said on here, So I am no help. enjoy riding it, just make sure you tighten every bolt on it and apply lock-tite on everything with a thread.

Thanks man, What type of lock tight do you use? If im not mistaken lock tight can come in diff strengths. I could be wrong tho.

Orion AGB 30

Hello guys,

Got my first ever bike. Thought to get an Orion AGB 30, 250 for starters. Putting it together was not to difficult, but forgot a few minor things.

-poor manual
The manual is pretty poor and does not give any details about which oils to use, how much, max tyre pressure, charging the battery, choke positions, etc. Due to my lack of experience and the poor manual I forgot to clip a tie-wrap that was attached around a black hose for trransport. The rubber black hose comes out of the engine and has a little black pot at the other end.
Because I did not cut the tie-wrap the black pot was hangin on the exhaust which melted a hole in it. Still dont know what the pot is for, but I taped it up for the time being untill the replacement arrives.

-running in
Ready for the first ride. The bike came with a big red tag attached to fork.
It said to change the factory supplied oil before first start.
I did and refilled it with synthetic oil . Than started riding slowly as suggested by the manufacturer, a 34 hour procedure plus three oil changes. Max 20 in 2nd, 30 in 3rd, 40 in 4th, 50 in 5th. Did this for a good hour.

Googled up some extra info on running in engines. All info told me the opposite ways, not to change factory oil. Also suggesting to go hard in the beginning, Not full throttle, but about 60 to 70% throttle. Main reason is that the piston rings need to settle into cilinder before the rings glaze up.
Synthetic oil, aparently also is the worst oil for running in engines. Accellerates the glazing of the rings...
Quickly got the synthetic out and mineral back in ;o)

It all made sense to me. Decided on running the bike in in a mixed style of all info gathered.

-engine cut out over 2/3 throttle
While running in I opened the throttle up to 2/3 and of course had to try full throttle for a few seconds. Engine started cutting out, missing beats. Made me think it was missing petrol. When I released throttle to 2/3 everything was ok again.

Any tips welcome.

Rene
Wave surfing Surf packages ~ Atlantic Riders ~ True Spirit Surf Adventures ~ Surfing in Portugal, Algarve, Lagos, Porto

Portugal-Algarve

That black rubber hose is a breather, its clipped for transport so no oil wiill leak out, any solid hose will be ok, you dont want stuff/crap/water getting down there, i believe the pot acts as a one way valve

Latest posts

Back