Need help with brake .... again..

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hustle

Reaction score
Well its my free day today, so its the only day im going to get, to work on my bike this week.
The rear break still isn't working. Its got air in it. Im trying to bleed it but nothing is happening.

There are two bolts on the caliper. One is the nipple, and the other i don't know what its called, but its the long tube that brings brake fluid to the caliper.

So, when i push the break at the moment, it has no pressure and doesn't do anything.

I undone the nipple, stuck a tube on the nippel, stuck the other end of the tube into a cup of brake fluid, pumped it for 20 minutes, nothing happened,
Whats wronge with it .

Im following this guys way of getting the air out of the brakes.... http://www.pocket-bike-racing.com.au/forum/showpost.php?p=39607&postcount=3

But, he seas just undo the banjo nut and let gravity take place. How can gravity take place when the tube going from the brake fluid tub, goes into a little metal thing, then theres another tube higher up going from that metal thing to the caliper. Brake fluid doesn't go up does it?

It will as long as the filler reservior is higher than the rest of the system. If you take the caliper off and let it hang down it'll work better. Just make sure you keep the reservior filled as you do it.

Hustle I see your there...How'd you go?

Don't use normal method to bleed with tube on nipple. It will take forever with these cause the travel of the lever is so small and a big lock won't come out.

Just undo the line off the caliper and let hang down. Fill reservior from top and don't touch brake lever. When new fluid runs out the end keep topping and quickly bolt nut back onto caliper.

Now loosen nipple and keep topping untill it runs out also then tighten nipple.

Done.

Ok. I've left it all day, and its just started to run out of the line.
Im just going to fill it up and do what you said now.. brb

I accidently lent on the brake lever and breake fluid came out of it, but it must of sucked a bit of air in so im waiting for the brake fluid to flow out easy. I filled up the caliper with brake fluid.

Not a win no...............

Well, it was all fine, the brake fluid ran freely after about 1 hour of leaving it, but then i had to pull the brake lever a few times, now theres no brake fluid comming out whatsoever.
Do i just leave it and let it drain down again?

Edit, i got it to flow again, but its just dripping out of the line at the end. Is that how slowly its meant to flow?

Also, should i let it flow for a little while, or should i full the caliper with brake fluid and bolt the nut back on now?
Once i've bolted it on, should i undo the nipple, and let it flow for a while?

DONE IT ... YAY ....

YOUR ON MY CHRISTMAS LIST MACK :)

Thanks so much.

Its works perfectly.
Just need to get my shock sorted now .

Sorry, had to get some zzzzd's. Great to see you got it fixed. And yeah you do let the nipple flow for a while once the line is bolted back to the caliper as long as you keep the fluid up in the reservior. Then tighten. Wala! Obviously you got it right.

Sounds like the original fluid (which is utter crud) had thickened and created a blockage.

Latest posts

Back