Need some advice on buying first bike!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyingWhales

Reaction score
Hey people! Find out about this site after looking for a dirt bike, seems like this is the best place to ask for advice. I am looking for a 250cc trail/enduro bike, but I am willing to look at any 150cc+ dirt bikes. I am not really wanting to spend anymore than $2,500. So far I have been looking at the ATOMIK Fury XR 250cc and the ATOMIK Pro XR 250cc; http://www.atomik.com.au/dirt-bike/enduro-bike-range/fury-xr-250cc.html
I have been reading a lot of stuff about these bikes and some stuff but I get a lot of mixed opinions. I would really love if you guys could give me some opinions on those two atomik bikes and if you could give me some suggestions on other bikes. I have also been looking at Motovert, DHZ etc, but I can't find any 250cc. Anyways, suggestions on some bikes would be really helpful, I'd prefer if people didn't mention buying a second hand bike as an option.

Cheers.

Hey mate, welcome to Miniriders :)
For a first bike, the atomik fury would be alright, from what i hear there engines have great power output for a china. have you seen these bikes? they look pretty decent also, but they run crf250 plastics.
the aircooled version (with higher power output, and same engine as the fury)
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SDB-ENDU...?pt=AU_Motorcycles&hash=item51b117227a&_uhb=1

the watercooled version (slightly lower power output, but IMO better longevity)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SDB-ENDU...d=100005&prg=1088&rk=5&rkt=5&sd=350863434362&

there both pretty decent fullsize chinese bikes. theres other brands like Puzey, although you dont often see them used and there like 2790 new or something. from what i hear crossfire are pretty good, there new xr250rr is really nice, they fixed a bunch of issues that it had previously. just look around and do your homework, and ask alot of questions. the only question you dont ask will be the one you regret!
cheers,
jack

and also is your name a reference to gojira's song "flying whales"? if so thats awesome dude! :)

Hey man thanks :) Really helpful advice! There's an Atomik dealer near me so I'll go check the bike out in person. Also do you know much about the DHZ bikes? I was looking at the DHZDPPRO160, it looks like a sweet little minibike. And to answer your question, yes it is! Love Gojira \m/

no probs dude, be sure to look at them in person if you can, you see alot more than the crappy pics they put up on ebay, lol. keep us posted :) and the dhz dpro 160's are a great first bike. they have some really great power and they have O.K suspension. just keep the oil changes and general maintanance up, and it will last you ages. and im pretty sure they come with the zongshen 160 HO (wich stands for high output, so you have MUCH bigger bragging rights ;) ), but bim not sure, they might come with the YX, wich isnt so bad.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back