Not sure whats wrong?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an MSO 140 pitbike and while im changing up and down gears it runs really well with no lag or backfireing.When i get it on a big straight and am at full throttle ill just be about to hit max revs and the engine will start stuttering and dies.
I have tried changing down gears and pulling the throttle on hard but it just stops.
Once its stalled i have to kick it over a few times to get it going again, so..... any ideas what might be causing this? I have cleaned out the carbi many times and tried adjusting the fuel/air mix (maybe this is the problem?)but i cant work it out please help
thanks chris

Might not be fuel related might be electrical, maybe your cdi has a rev limiter and your hitting max revs. If it's anything to do with the carb it'll be the main jet if it's happening at WOT

Sounds like you're not sucking enough air/fuel to me
Pull your carbie appart, see if it has any dirt or grime in there, pull your jets out and hold them up to the light to see if they've got anything trapped
While your at it give it a good soak in some metho but make sure to take all of the seals & rubber rings out.
See if your fuel line going from the tank to the carb is blocked & install a filter if you don't already have one..

im Running the standard carbi that came with the bike, It does feel like not enough fuel is getting into the carbi. I have cleaned the carbi a few times so i know its not blocked.

Might not be fuel related might be electrical, maybe your cdi has a rev limiter and your hitting max revs. If it's anything to do with the carb it'll be the main jet if it's happening at WOT

Is there a way to rell if my bike has a rev limiter? it doesnt stall in any other gear just 4th at high revs

Check the main jet is not too small also check the fuel line is not kinked or something stupid, if not try another cdi maybe

Latest posts

Back