oil change on CRF50

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gasser300

Reaction score
do they have a filter?
how much oil is needed?
is there a gasket you need to replace on the drain plug?
Cheers

Just drain it out of the bottom. Then Just re-fill it with around 600ml. Thats how much i put in and they are always fine. Not sure what the Manual says, but its around 600ml mark.

Nip up the drain plug and pour it in, put the dip stick back in and your ready to roll.

as or a filter, if its like any other lil engine, no there isnt one as such... but if you pull off the clutch cover there should be a filter mesh/screen under the clutch/oil pump, just above the sump plug.

im assuming...i never pulled down a crf.

Yeah there is one inside. There's a Screen there near the oil pump....I would never bother cleaning it unless im changing my clutch springs etc.

there is 2 plugs on the "sump" which one is it?
one goes straight down, the other is down & slightly forward angled
bloody hell I never have this much stuffing around on a big bike :)

The one closer to the Gearbox..With the little Peice of metal sitting infront of it. Too easy mate.

the one to the right hand side and straight down...the angled one on the left hand side is the cam chain tensioner and has a spring and a piston behind it....

itll still drop the oil if you undo it and pull out the piston though... but dont;)

run it before you drain the oil as well, so its hot...and lean it to one side then the other for a while to get as much old oil out a possible:) just dont burn the fingers when you pull the plug:p

haha, I got impatient & undid the other one (17mm away from gearbox) but all the oil came out so I guess it don't matter

Latest posts

Back