Oil Slinger

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The oil slinger goes on the clutch/kick start side of the motor. Most guys are putting lightened alloy oil slingers on with the inner rotor kits

If you do a search on oil slinger you will come up with some old topics, Go through them 1 by 1 and you should come across a link of a video clip showing you how to put in a I.R.K and oil slinger. But i put one in my provert on the weekend only drama i had was i had to pull my motor out of the bike because ive got a twin spar frame and icould not get to 1 bolt on my case.

Hay buddy,

yeah, The slinger go's on the right hand side of the crank !!

Heres a Pic to give you a better idear !!
sll1.jpg

snitchys irk instal vid shows ya where it goes and how to change it, its pretty eazy by the looks of it!

yeah
ive got one side of the engine off
and im putting in the irk
just couldnt see anywhere the slinger might go
thought it would be on the other side just didnt wanna pull it appart before i was sure
thanks

Zall Good !!

Just remember to drain the oil before you pull the other side off !!! you can just lay the motor/bike on it's side but better to drain !!

also do you have the tool to remove the special nut !! you dont want to go bashing on the crank !!!

do u mean the nut on the oil slinger? snitchy undid it with a screw driver and a hammer!

yea can be done that ways easy peasy
dont smack the crap out of your crank tho

my vid has all this in it pretty easy to do
there are special tools to undo the nut but i found the screwdriver trick worked for me tho if your a lil unsure go get the right tool

any more probs just pm me

i just finished puttin mine and but i picked my bike back up to change gears and i have gear selector probs :(
o well off to the mechanic tomorow

Did you lay the bike on its side while installing this ??

Because thats one of the problems with laying the bike on it's side and taking the right side cover off !!!

The gear selector pushes on the ground which pushes the selector rod outwards towards the right side of the bike !! and makes parts of the selector rod mechanism rub hard up against the back of the clutch setup and also against the side cover once it back on !!

If you don't push the selector rod back in correctly then you'll have a hard time changing gears !!!

yer that was the prob
just a questoin u know the bolts that hold the clutch basket on?
are they supposed to be up tight?

Latest posts

Back