One of the best free mods you can do.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man, i removed that spacer right off, could feel difference aswell bit more responsive.
Dont need a gasket as there is a rubber seal on the carby which will push up against manifold to stop leaks.

guys, the reason for the spacer block that is positioned between the inlet manifold and the cylinder is all to do with heat exchange, as we know the cylinder does get hot and having this non metalic spacer positioned between the hot cylinder and the manifold keeps this manifold cooler than normal which in turn assists in a cooler fuel mix delievered through the manifold to the combustion area. if you want to make these spacers a good product is TEFLON which you can buy local and is easy to cut.

RD RACING said:
guys, the reason for the spacer block that is positioned between the inlet manifold and the cylinder is all to do with heat exchange, as we know the cylinder does get hot and having this non metalic spacer positioned between the hot cylinder and the manifold keeps this manifold cooler than normal which in turn assists in a cooler fuel mix delievered through the manifold to the combustion area. if you want to make these spacers a good product is TEFLON which you can buy local and is easy to cut.

There is no spacer between my engine and manifold, its between the carby and manifold

sorry guys i did mean the spacer is positioned between the manifold and carby. the cylinder gets hot so to the manifold.

i've seen some lads move the spacer FROM between the carby & the manifold TO between the head & the manifold.

i will put it to you guys exactly, have a look at the big gun moto x bikes, all made in japan, the carby is mounted on ................ ? please give the answer to this.

dont think so.. carby would flood. or the float wouldnt work how it should... unless you had a carby that is made to be like that

btw: i just did this mod and it defiantly does make a difference.. better throttle response and slightly better acceleration. good work MJC85

125fanger said:
hey mate do i have to file down section 2 to match section 1 or the plastic spacer?

untitled.jpg

You are filing section 2 to match the hole size in the spacer which is the same as the outlet on the carby

Latest posts

Back