question 4big bike riders

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Divy

Reaction score
my yz 125 2000 in 1st gear at low revs bogs down when i try to accelarate does any one know why this is happening?? does it just need a good tune??

once the revs are a bit higher the thing is very quick an runs 100%

an eg: when im in 1st an take a slow corner at low revs then i try to take off it bogs down so i have to accelerate real slow

????? any ideas????

Yeah but try your needle clip position first if that don't work re jet it.

ive never adjusted the needle clip before is it hard to do? an how do i adjust the clip do i bring it down or up??
or ive i just change the jets how do i know what size to get??

yes needle position

since its right once the revs are up then your main jet is prob right

plug colour will help here also

at first thought its a little rich , dropping the needle (putting the clip higher will lean it out a bit

remove the top of the carb usually unscrews
remove the cable and spring
pop out the needle
move the clip up 1 position

be careful once you have the top off the carb that you dont lose things , esp when you pull the needle and are doing the clip, things can fly easily 500metres away and you never find them again ;)

thanks johnnie ill check it out later, if i bump into any other probs ill lets yas know
so just so im correct put the clip higher??

if my engine is running to lean what can happen to the engine??
and how do you know if an engine is running lean or rich????

please help!!

mabye to much smoke, it wont fire properly if there is to much oil

i mean running lean with carby adjustments not putting to much oil in the fuel

get it serviced from a shop dude, quiet simple

if my engine is running to lean what can happen to the engine??
and how do you know if an engine is running lean or rich????

please help!!

plug colour is the guide

dont go thrashing a 2 stroke too much till you get it pretty right or you end up with holes in pistons from excessive heat

well i blew the front shock seals i dont know how but this is the second bike ive done it too so ill take it to a shop to get fixed cause ive never done shock seals before an while its there ill get the to give it a good tune up

the best way is to look at the spark plug. If the electrode is really white then ur bikes to lean. Ultimate jetting is wen the electrode is a tan colour. Ur local bike shop should have a chart or sumthin where they can show wat it should look like.

before checking the plug find a nice straight(couple hundred meters long) and hold the bike pinned in top gear for 5 or 6 seconds. check the plug after this.

hope this helps man, good luck

Latest posts

Back