queston about the CRF150

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ranga

Reaction score
hay all

being such a small fry and have leg disabilitys i am restricted to height with bikes...

i wanted to know can a CRF150 be road regestable ???

where can i find this info out ????

im pretty sure you cant rego the 150, but have you thought about a 250x with a suspension lowering kit, a mate done it to his 250R and it dropped it quiet a bit like 100-150mm i think not to sure about those measurement, after you lowered the suspension you could take some of the foam out of the seat if you wanted to go even lower.....just food for thought

only thing i can think of is loss of ground clearance and it may change the handling characteristics of the bike a little bit, But i have road my mates bike and didn't really notice it much other than it was a bit lower.

i reckon they could be...

if my mates 450 has a sticker saying" not for road use" but is registered, along with however many thousands, i dont see why a 150 shouldnt be....

ask the rta? or get a certificate of compliance from honda themselves, unless it has a compliance plate on it... and if it does, it would have to say"manufactured to road standards act, 1989"...

i mentioned it somewhere else, but if a bike is imported for recreationl use only, even if you kit it out with lights/horn.mirrors, etc then get an engineer to cert it for compliance, the rta will knock you back regardless.

talk to a dealership, or get a motovert;)

:p get the 50...only 2k... then swap the engine once its got rego:)

green slip is half the price as well...you get anything over 100cc, you mite as well get a 250...

brisbane? no idea.

3k, just the bike. then roughly 260 for a greenslip, and about 160 for rta costs...plate issue and all that... at least you dont have to stuff around with inspections up there:mad:

and probably a bit more with the stamp duty...

yeh looking online now... does anyone have a RX i can take for a quick SPIN in brisbane area to see if its for me ??????????????????

Are you refering to the 150F? it cannot be road registered however it can be rec registered in Victoria with additions of lighting, mirror and a honk honk clown horn! You would not want to ride a 150R on the road!

As for the 250X and 450X the reason for the sticker on the back stating that the bike is not suitable for road use (even though it can be fully road registered) is down to (a) Tyres (b) Engine maintenance. These are a HI Performance beast and the oil should be changed every 100km's so for a lot of people that could mean every day or second day!!! Also valve clearances probably 500-1000km's so you can see that it is not a road vehicle. The reason for the Full Reg is to allow you when compediting in enduro events to go down roads etc that may require full reg.
Have a look at a XR400M or a WR250R in the motard version if you want to ride on the roads.
Or the RX motovert, pull the pathetic 50cc motor and drop in a 160 YX or similar!

Are you refering to the 150F? it cannot be road registered however it can be rec registered in Victoria with additions of lighting, mirror and a honk honk clown horn! You would not want to ride a 150R on the road!

As for the 250X and 450X the reason for the sticker on the back stating that the bike is not suitable for road use (even though it can be fully road registered) is down to (a) Tyres (b) Engine maintenance. These are a HI Performance beast and the oil should be changed every 100km's so for a lot of people that could mean every day or second day!!! Also valve clearances probably 500-1000km's so you can see that it is not a road vehicle. The reason for the Full Reg is to allow you when compediting in enduro events to go down roads etc that may require full reg.
Have a look at a XR400M or a WR250R in the motard version if you want to ride on the roads.
Or the RX motovert, pull the pathetic 50cc motor and drop in a 160 YX or similar!

I have a friend with a 250X and he dont change the oil every 100km and it dont miss a beat he would change it around every 600-700km and as for valves well its been goin for 2 years now and still going strong its a 07 model

I have a 250x. I change the oil every 3 rides or so (say 250km's). Already done my valves once but that took 3 years.

Highly reccommend them. Great bikes.

manufactured to road standards act, 1989"...

Is that just for Honda, or is that for all motorcycles, because i have a 1977 Suzuki TC185 that has a compliance plate but aren't sure if its registerable, I'm new to this mate so don't shoot at me lol

just spoke to the honda dealer and NO the CRF150 cant be rego...

but the CRF230L can be and its just a fraction higher...

mmmm will be looking into this...

Latest posts

Back