Racing CDI

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bighomedog11

Reaction score
Hey I am thinking about getting a Racing CDI on Ebay sense they are not that much.. I am wondering is it worth getting one? Will i notice anything or are they just a waste of money? I am trying to figure out if i should get on or if it is a waste...

Also what is a good kind to get if they are not a waste of money?

hey dude, i work on piddys daily and have good and bad things to say about them, i believe they do raise the rev limiter a little, but it stops there, i have had one on my 150 4v race motor and it is still going 2 years later, but have installed them on other bikes of all cc,s and they can last not even 1 day, id give it a try if i was you just for your own experience, but take your standard cdi on every ride for when it fails, i guess i could say trust me on this one.

O really, So whats a good kind to get? So the Racing CDI can fail on me any time? I thought the factory ones will do that.. So basically what are they suppose to give me in gains?

They supposedly raise the rev limit and give a better spark curve, the factory CDI is way more reliable and dont fail near as much as a Racing CDI, maybe get a CR7HIX NGK iridium spark plug and run some higher octane fuel and make sure your valves are adjusted for maximum compression, but try one mate, you may have good luck and notice a performance gain, but dont leave home without the standard one

Yeah that is what i thought.. Rite now i am using a C7sh NGK plug and i am running 87 octane fuel.. But using that plug and higher octane fuel will that give me more power or what will that be doing? How do i make sure my valves are adjusted correctly for max compression?

I will probably still try one, Wont hurt to try.. Is there a certain kind i need to get?

not all CDI's are bad..

you're talking from past experience & you may hav just had a bad string of CDI's lol I know, whats the chances of everyone being faulty.. but it can happen

If you're gunna grab a CDI, PLEASE just Re-Do your Electrical ok, its not that hard man.. just think about it, its like.. why put a FMF Exhaust on your bike WITHOUT cleaning the air filter... you know what I mean mate?

I completely tore apart mine & MADE MY OWN WIRING HARNESS! Its Easy!

NGK Super Coil
NGK Spark Plug
Grab Some Wiring from a local Electronics Shop
Wholesale-Cycle CDI, Trusted & Tested (Race CDI - NOT STOCK OEM)
New Kill Switch (Not Switch, Get The Button Type!)
Electrical Tape & HEAT SHRINK TUBING
Keep your harness water proof! DO IT RIGHT!
& get some "MotoMaster Ignition Spray"
^ this stuff is real sticky at 1st so try not 2 touch it
but once dry, it leaves a Protective Silicone Layer!
do a couple coats of your wiring harness, letting dry in between!
maybe even a voltage regulator.. depends what you're running..

Keep in mind, that only SOME CDI's take away the 9800 rpm rev limiter!
So please check the Details Of The Purchase or the actual Product Specifications mate!

I have tryed afew racing CDI's and most highoutput coils from all different companies ok.. Go with NGK, they've been around this market along time bro!

4me, the CDI raised the rpms up by a couple hundred the idle was ALOT smoother then the stock CDI.. also, the motor had better responce.. & at when Accelerating, my Pitty had a very smoother curve..

I did a before and after run ok, so I could definitely Feel the difference & with the stock CDI the Pit Bike had a little bit of speed falloff at around 20 - 25mph (the speed increase would slow down) so, after I installed the racing CDI there was no more speed falloff!

the Pitty would gain speed faster and smoother and just keep getting faster. In the stock run (Whole Bike Stock) I only got about 33mph.. but after I installed the Racing CDI man, I got over 42mph in the same stretch of road! (Dead End of my st)

Hope this all helped Mate!

cheers,

jakestef

here's the spray, it really works good!

Attachments

• DSC00332.JPG
    DSC00332.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC00333.JPG
    DSC00333.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 2
Check Your Pins! Make Sure You Order 1 That Will Plug In2 It!

Alright, I am probably just going to order a CDI. I found this one on Ebay.. Tell me what you think High Performance Racing CDI 50 70 90 110 125 CC Dirt Pit Bike ATV Go Kart 5-Pin | eBay

Why should i redo the wiring if there is nothing wrong with it..

sorry if I sounded like I was telling you lol or did actually tell you!

I do though.. when I'm doing a Build, I go over everything man.. literally!

the LAST thing I want is 4my Pitty 2 give out in the middle of a ride bcus of a loose wire or bad connection lol you know what I mean?

like, I just stripped my wiring harness while the paint on my Frame was drying!

went thru all of it, noticed that the wires connecting the Spark Plug 2the Coil had a small issue, the 2 small Prongs on the Stock Coil were fine, but the wires that were connecting, were loose! (now this could of happened while I was taking everything apart) but it would have made a real mess of things if the bike just Quit on me out of no where.. lol

though I am ordering mostly everything new, I keep ALL my old Parts!

& keeping your old Parts (that still work, or not) can save you down the road!

when you get a chance, check in 2 [Pit Bike Build - Must See] 4 new updates, progress reports, Pics & Parts that I'm Ordering!

Thank You & Cheers,

JakeStef

P.s - The Race CDI I Uploaded, Is From TBoltUSA.com & Works Great!

RACE CDI - About $35 Canadian
Piranha Coil - About $30 Canadian

Attachments

• Piranha Coil $30.jpg
    Piranha Coil $30.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Race CDI $35.JPG
    Race CDI $35.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 15

Latest posts

Back