Removing battery from Orion pro series

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roost

Reaction score
hi,im new to this i have an orion pro series 125,iam just wondering if i can remove battery as i dont use electric start and to reduce weight and so i can run catch can? Any help would be great(it is the non double spar frame 05 model)

it has a few mods
usd forks
unifilter
ported polished manifold
removed choke butterfly
vented head
17 tooth sprocket
high flow fuel lines and filter

yes u can dissconnect, u have 2 remove some wires and continue the circuit, there are some lads on here that have done it.
I thought u had a genuine thumpy like u said in ur other thread?

sorry misworded it ,it was meant to say i have genuine 17 tooth thumpstar sprocket on my orion

im one of those lads that removed electric start. so all u wanna do is remove battery, all u do is unscrew the frame which holds battery and then the wires are screwed onto the battery, undo them and there u go 8)

thanks also do i have to change wiring at all when i remove starter,i have block off plate for starter?

Dirt Bikez & Pocket B described the battery removal process pretty well, but just one extra thing - when removing the battery remove the short red wire completely too, and tape up the black wire so that no water gets to it. when removing the electric starter disconnect the black wire from the starter motor first, then undo the bolts on the left side of the motor to open the casing up, remove the two black rubber tensioners that are along the chains path, then remove the two bolts that hold in the starter motor, slowly pull the starter motor out and lever off the small black chain at the same time. once you have the chain, the starter motor and the tensioners off, close up the left side of the engine again. either cut off or put the remaining black wire that connected to the starter motor with the other wires and tape it up so its waterproof. now you're set :wink:

Latest posts

Back