some questions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mechanic-man

Reaction score
gday all,
my mates next door neighbour just moved house and gave him a z50 because they never used it. its in pritty used condition but still goes. i took it for a spin and was inlove! there freakin mad! anyways i was thinking of getting my hands on a z50r but i have a few questions:
1) can you change the rear swingarm form duel susp to single? has anyone here done it?
2) is it possible to put a 125 lifan engine in? like are the mouts the same?
http://www.50ccracing.com/weeze8.jpg
i'd like to do the front end like that biger forks dis brakes (front and rear) but with stock plastics n that.

thanks alot,
Ben.

yep a lifan engine will fit

the frames are similar though the front as a crf 50 frame, but the sub frame is where it differs, you could probably fab up some mounts for a mono shock setup similar to a crf if you are handy with a welder, but it would be easier to just get some longer / heavier rear dual shocks. i think kitaco or takegawa make them

you should be able to put on a newer front end meant for a crf 50, but you might not be able to keep the fat wheels

You can get a single shock conversion kit for them ... but id rather keep the daul shock and just get a longer swingarm , i think people have used xr100 arms and similar in the past.

Check Monkey Bike UK Home for whats around for the older bikes.

Latest posts

Back