Thailand Mini Riders

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sand bike boy

Reaction score
Heres some photos from wen i went to thailand with my old man.
these guys were riding modified scooters, only the mods were off road orientated.

Hope you enjoy

Attachments

• step thru racing 1.jpg
    step thru racing 1.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 48
  • step thru racing 2.jpg
    step thru racing 2.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 51
  • step thru racing 3.jpg
    step thru racing 3.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 47
  • step thru racing 4.jpg
    step thru racing 4.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 50
lol us aussie miniriders would smoke em.... haha maybe Saga could with his five-o monster

i highly doubt it, went on an enduro ride with the guys from the motorcross club, 40+ ppl on everything from a KLX110(11yr old riding) up to modded 250f's, was on the old boys yz250f and had trouble keeping up with the mods(unregistered scooters). went thru unknown amount of army and police checkpionts, n they just waved us thru. didnt even look twice at the guys on mods. if only the cops were like that over here.....

for the record, there was only 1 bike that was even close to registerable, most had no plastics, no lights, no mirrors, dirt tyres and dirt suspension.
cant wait for the next enduro in thailand.

lol us aussie miniriders would smoke em.... haha maybe Saga could with his five-o monster

I doubt it as well. Your talking about guys that use motorbikes as there only means of transport and spends hours on them everyday. I have seen some gnarly riders over there when I went as well. They look funny as on the Scooters. That guy in the last pic looks like he is about to shit himself!! :p

I heard the reason they are on bugger all mini's over there is the crippling 75% import tax from china

that looks like wicked fun, hmmm may have to head that way at the end of the year

I went to thailand last november and i seen some pretty crazy riding aswell, there are a few KLX110`s that are ridden on the road, they were pretty common where i stayed. Every now and then you would see an aussie on a 250f flying up and down the streets with a huge smile on his face. Saw one yz 250 overtake my tuk tuk on the way up to the mountains.

the only rule is that you are supposed to wear a helmet but even this is policed very loosely- while i was there i made friends with one of the "jet-ski mafia" boys and one afternoon we watched the cops dick every tourist for not wearing a helmet, he gave them a small fine that when most tourists recieved laughed at the amount, and just payed it to the cop on the spot (it was like 200 baht.) The cop then took the cash and went to the nearest food joint and bought lunch for himself and the other cops they were with. On a good day they got seafood - pretty hilarious over there

the old boy has just started a enduro/motard tour company as he lives over there,

12 days enduro/motard tour.
minimum 4 people.
1 day travel from perth to bangkok to chang mai to maehongson,
7 days of Motorcross/Enduro riding through the mountains in the maehong son province.
3 days of Supermotard including the famous Maehong Son Loop,
3000+ corners over 650 kilometers,
1 day travel back to perth from maehong son
$5000 includes airfares, bike hire, 'recovery truck', all meals and accomodation.

you only need travel insurance and not to mention your helmet and safety gear
and maybe a few changes of underwear
(for those who havent seen a scooter pass them while mid corner on a 'big' bike)

I heard the reason they are on bugger all mini's over there is the crippling 75% import tax from china

haha china mini's would be a rich mans bike!
i can see it now he'd have a Ferarri ENZO , 911 Turbo & a Pitpro 125 rr bah hahaha

YOu'd be surprised. Even the scooters haul over there they have like little groups who sit around modding there scooters all day and at night they go out and race at night

And these things seriously haul upto about 130lm

and yeah klx110 motards rego lights the whole kit and caboodle are everywhere and they are exxy over there!

Hi Guys,

I have buzzed around thailand on many different bikes and the lack of rules are great. However there is a down point it is very dangerous!! one way streets... yeah right you have to look out everywhere and the stray dogs are a pain.
With the lack of rules comes a crazy road toll.... during songkran (new years festival) they have anything up to 700 deaths in just three or so days. Yep thats right twice the vic road toll for a year in a couple of days.

I have only seen one accident in my close to six months of living in bangkok...

There around, usually same places as the ladys :)

Latest posts

Back