Thoughts on Seafoam?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuckyGirl

Reaction score
Hey guys! I have my brand new Lifan 125cc pitty with a Mikuni 22 carb. I have been running it with premium gasoline and recommended serving of seafoam. Being that it's a brand new engine, with less than 4 hours on it, can adding seafoam to the gas be a bad thing? My thoughts are that the seafoam will help keep my engine, relatively, gunk free and extend my overall engine life. What are your thoughts on this matter or on seafoam in general?

I think Seafoam is something that is usually use in car's and not bikes??

Personally I see no reason to use it at all.

The only additive I have used is Stabil fuel stabilizer to keep fuel fresh when bikes are not being ridden for a while.

Seafoam works well in removing carbon deposits and is for most any motor. Used to use on older bikes I got when I didn't wanna pull it apart to clean it up. Four strokes can develop carbon in the head ect even small amounts can limit flow and great turbulence it's no miracle cure but it helped.never tried in a two stroke don't care to lol. Stabil ..........I don't use on as I don't have fuel around long enough for it to spoil lol.most additives aside are usually ethyl alchahol ect and marketing gimmicks mainly tho

Latest posts

Back