thumpstar 125 oil type and amount ?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thumpstar 125

Reaction score
just bought second hand thumpster 125 with no owners manual and want to give bike a full service but dont know how much oil the beast takes i presume 10/40 would be best but any info be good

just bought second hand thumpster 125 with no owners manual and want to give bike a full service but dont know how much oil the beast takes i presume 10/40 would be best but any info be good

is it a genuine thumpy? what year?

not sure of year its got usd forks and the swingarm with the extra horseshoe part on it front and rear disks and thumpstar cross bar pad have been told there is heaps of fakes out there it does have frame number *lujpcjln35a100392* i know i can just measure off dip stick but with my mx bikes always like to do exact measurements need rear brake though if any one knows of slave cylinder or complete kit

not sure of year its got usd forks and the swingarm with the extra horseshoe part on it front and rear disks and thumpstar cross bar pad have been told there is heaps of fakes out there it does have frame number *lujpcjln35a100392* i know i can just measure off dip stick but with my mx bikes always like to do exact measurements need rear brake though if any one knows of slave cylinder or complete kit

if its a genuine thumpstar, it will have the genuine thumpstar envravings jst near ur handle bars, well, the rear brake cylinder seems to be a common problem in genuine thumpstars. my mate had the same problem, he bought a non-genuine brake setup from elstars (i think thats the name of the website, jst have a look) its the brake setup from a apollo 250cc dirt bike, its a bigger kit to the original thumpstar kit but it will work fine, all you have to do is weld up a bracket for the new setup to sit on. By the way, its very very very very hard to find the genuine thumpstar rear brake set-up, my mate rang about 30 places (no joke) locally and NO-ONE had one. so my best advice would be to have a look at the website that i said before. goodluck, and let us know the outcome.

get one of your misses or mums mesuring container or some thing with markings drop the old oil into that container remember where it fills up to then dump that oil somewhere then fill the same container up with the new oil and pour into bike or you can just guess how much comes out and put about the same amount.

Latest posts

Back