Vascularized bone graft

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rumble

Reaction score
Last edited:
my old man broke his falling off a ladder. hes on his 4th month off work.

i've snapped mine in half from a crash.
took abit over 8 weeks with a certain cast and then 8 weeks doing nothing with that hand (no riding anything but i still did) if it doesn't heal up right you need surgery or you wont beable you use your thumb...
the hand still is annoying after 3 years but glad it healed up ok after looking at that...

Last edited:
My sister had hers done about two years ago. It was mostly ok to use within 6month, almost totally good within a year. Apparently it hasn't gotten much better since then though.

Unfortunately with scaphoid breaks it is variable from person to person and no matter who it's on it is unlikely to be the same ever again. If you have been told surgery is your best/only option then it likely is. The only thing you can do is look after it as much as possible in recovery to ensure the healing happens as well as possible and keep up any recovery exercises afterwards. The screw work now days is pretty good ;)

Good luck with the op!

Latest posts

Back