What PSI?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stunt101

Reaction score
What PSI do you run in your tyres?

I run 40psi front & rear, if i'm going bush bring it down to about 30psi

i run max 30, as cars only run 40 psi more, and have a larger wheel... etc etc

when i was in the moto shop, they said all moto's max 15 psi

i run 18psi in both for wheels in dirt tyres. in motard i run 25 psi. this is cause i want more flex in my tired going through dirt, makes it more grippy cause more of the knobby's bite the dirt where as motard you want less rubber down (could use 40psi but thats rock hard.)

Cheers, Tony.

i found the rock hard rolls faster & has a heap more angles for turn. but i went down a bush track this arvo & it ain't to comfy

Last edited:
yeah thats it, your better off going motards at higher psi and knobby's at lower. just changes the ride whenever this is done.

I run about 30-25psi on the rear and 12-15psi on the front on my dirt bike.. I think i have about 30-35 on the CT70 front and rear.

wassup guys?
i run about 1.0 bars in the rear (12")and 1.4 bars in the front(14"),
anyway how many bars = psi ? we dont use psi in South Africa does anyone know?

i run around 50psi in my rear as i dont have a rim lock yet and lower psi seems to tear the valve from the tube. on my big motos i rum about 18psi in both wheels. should prob look into getting a rim lock though.
crazy doesnt matter how big the wheel is because psi is pounds per sqaure inch. therefore its depends on the pressure not the amount of air.

1 bar is equal to 14.5 psi. so or course your looking at 14.5 PSI for your rear and 20 PSI for your front tyre.

Cheers, Tony.

i run 30-40 psi in the rear! front dosnt really matter as long as its over 10psi!(barely touches the ground anyway!)

found if ya run lower then 30 in the rear, where i ride, ya get both pinch flats(rocky as all hell) and after that rim spin to tear out ya valve! so yeah thats why i run 30-40 psi!
(on my tyre it says to run it at 38psi i think)

if i was riding a different place with less sharpish rocks the size of your fist i'd definatly lower my pressure! but at the moment its all good!

sounds like you need some rim locks to stop you ripping valves, you will find the ride is a little better if you lower your psi. well i did anyway.

Cheers, Tony.

Those crap china tyres sit loose on the rims if not up at least 40psi.
mine say to run 55psi but i use 45psi. When I replace with good Motocross nobbies I will try 20 - 30 and see what is best.
Lower for Mud and higher for hard pack, don't want to dent rims

sounds like you need some rim locks to stop you ripping valves, you will find the ride is a little better if you lower your psi. well i did anyway.

Cheers, Tony.

Rim locks wont fix his pinched tubes tho. Yeah rim locks are good but i find them a pain in the arse to fit so i just run a higher psi and all is sweet, pit bikes aren't know for compfort anyways :D

Latest posts

Back