whats the best mini dirtbike for 500

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JoeBurgarino said:
i want a mini dirt bike for 500 shipped, whats the best one for that cost

Definetly a Thumpstar would be the best mini dirt bike for $500 shipped. Trouble is you probably wont find one at that price. You'll have to do a bit of research, check out local and online resellers, see what Chinese bikes they have and compare the specs. You might get a CRF50 copy for that money, I don't know what prices are like in the US.

the man, i might consider going to look at that bike for my girl friend if i do i'll let u know
it sounds ok but its hard (for me to believe) that the chinese bike in the auction actualy comes with a 19inch front tyre and a 18inch rear tyre when u scroll down to the picture where the guy is seated on the bike the wheels look 14inch tops

yeah i saw that too,i think they were trippin when they wrote the description. :lol:

It seems the Chinese like to measure the outside diameter of the tyre when fitted on the wheel and call that the wheel size. That's how it's been done on my bike anyway, rims are about 8" but the tyre is labeled 12".

It seems the Chinese like to measure the outside diameter of the tyre when fitted on the wheel and call that the wheel size. That's how it's been done on my bike anyway, rims are about 8" but the tyre is labeled 12".

So a replacement tyre would be one of the first things you would buy to get more traction? How would one of these go up against a thumpster? ( just by looking at it or is that to hard?)

the man said:
So a replacement tyre would be one of the first things you would buy to get more traction? How would one of these go up against a thumpster? ( just by looking at it or is that to hard?)

My bike is nothing like the ones they're talking about here, its actually a two stroke pocket bike motor same as the road bikes. You'd have to look at the tyre on the bike to see, but I reckon it'd be a safe bet it was a peice of junk. You'd have to talk to your motorbike shop to see if they could get something to fit (I'd recommend taking the wheel in because as I said, the markings on the Chinese tyres could mean anything).

I feel reasonably confident in saying I bet a Thumpstar would shit all over it :lol: You get what you pay for though, the Chinese one's are generally less than 1/2 the price of the genuine article and if that fits your budget and you arent afraid to get your hands dirty fixing/tweaking the Chinese bike, go for it.

the man, we just scored one of those bikes on ebay for $760 we are happy for the price ive just gotta work out an inspection time with the seller than i can tell u if they are any good we should have ours in about a week

I am looking at those bikes at the moment. Have you got yours. Any early news as to quality etc etc?
Cheers,
Bruce

Latest posts

Back