whats the best oil

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roost

Reaction score
hi, just wondering what the best oil to run in my lifan 125 semi synthetic or fully synthetic race oil , 20w 50 or 10w or 5w. Everyone seems to say something differant, will fully synthetic race oil harm my bike?

Live by , Ride by and Use Motul 5100 Technosynths with Ester.

RRP $55 @4L

You can buy it for $45

I use it on my RG250,GSXR and Elstar blade.Ps have seen a few hundred bikes fill it and no probs...Remember Its better to use a cheeper oil and change more often than use expensive oil and change once a lifetime.

Dont use car oils..Clutches dont like it

roost said:
hi, just wondering what the best oil to run in my lifan 125 semi synthetic or fully synthetic race oil , 20w 50 or 10w or 5w. Everyone seems to say something differant, will fully synthetic race oil harm my bike?

Mineral oil to run in, then I prefer semi synthetic after that. There is mixed opinions about running full synthetic oils in these. Some say these 4 speed trannys will pop false neutrals and suffer clutch slippage running full syntho. for eg. http://www.monkeybike.co.uk/acatalog/125cc_Engine__Primary_Clutch__.html

Belray Thumper Semi Synthetic Race Oil :D

I have always used this oil, engine never missed a beat, still runs perfect, and i gave it a flogging :cool:

so where can u buy it? at local motorbike shop or something?

no-fear what oil do you use for your thumpstar? and what greece do you use for the air filter?

No-Fear said:
motul fifty one hunge .

Has not failed me yet..All my friends use it...never a problem....

Again change often than not.. And mineral for breking in ..Most motors come with mineral in them to begin with...

DanFX said:
Belray Thumper Semi Synthetic Race Oil :D

I have always used this oil, engine never missed a beat, still runs perfect, and i gave it a flogging :cool:

Belray is good.... My mechanic swares by it..

john_madeley said:
no-fear what oil do you use for your thumpstar? and what greece do you use for the air filter?
motul 5100, and shell foam air filter oil, nice thick purple gel yummy. sticky as fk aswell

i got some expencive fully synthetic shit its heeps good ask ur local moto dealer and he will fit u up with the good stuff ;)

u can run k-mart brand oil in these bikes it wont really matter, as long as u change it every 2nd ride your fine. expensive gear is just a waste, motul 5100 for 1L bottle is $15bux.
I will always use motul, and just about every other guy will say that too.

so i go 2 the shell petrol station and inside the shop i ask the man? lol..or moto shop should have it? tho they dont deal thumpstars..

We are a stockist for Motul..

If you are in Sydney come down the 5100 is always on shelf....

john_madeley said:
so i go 2 the shell petrol station and inside the shop i ask the man? lol..or moto shop should have it? tho they dont deal thumpstars..
dont have to deal thumpstars to sell motul mate, it's just oil.

Latest posts

Back