why?? help plz??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pit rydar

Reaction score
hi

im new here and i recently just bought a pitpro 125cc WAS happy wif it but since then everytime i give tha bike a full throttle it just dies and chokes.
Has this happened to anybody.

Also i heard of rejetting, wat does this mean, and how does this affect the bike, and also what does a breather pipe do and how do u install it.

thanks guys.:)

hmmm, sounds interesting , rejetting could do it for you , but from 3/4 throttle to WOT (wide open throttle) your Main jet comes into it, so getting a bigger one or drilling out your existing one may help, also there may be factors restricting your engine,

effectiverange.gif

1. intake manifold may be too small in diameter
2.Air filter too small and not enough air flow , thus fuel and choking your motor

What Carby are you running Pz19 mm or a mikuni 25mm ?

hay mate, sounds like you have some sort of carby problem with the splattering etc etc... you could try adjusting the needle clip (im not too savvy on this area so one of the other guys will be able to aid you accordingly) but i do know that if you move the clip down it rasies the needle position in the jet and thus allows more fuel through which in turn richens your mixture. of course if you move the clip up it will lean the fuel up.

rejetting is a process where by there is a brass / copper (its a hex shaped threaded fitting inside the carby with a jet hole in it) is replaced with one of a different size. the size is a variation in the hole, thus is you go to a bigger jet the hole becomes greater and visa versa. i believe this is done to change your fuel intake and also change the adjustment band of your idle screw and air / fuel mixture (it gives you a slightly different range to work inside. (once again if someone could verify this it would be appreciated)

a breather pipe is as it sounds, it helps the motor breathe. it basically is a pipe which feeds slightly into the head and cools the oil in the motor (or at least allows it to breathe efficiently)

unfortunatly i cant aid you too far with your problem on the motor side, all i can say is move the clip position up one to lean your fuel up a bit and it might solve the issue. just remember to document your original lay-out so if something screws up we have a default setup to return to.

Cheers, Tony.

yer i have a mikuni 25mm or 26mm well wateva the pitpro's come wif stock and about rejetting how do I and how should i approach this.

also is a breather pipe worth buying???

thanks

mate i got mine today and i aired out the tank it had alot of plastic things in the like form them drilling the tap so if you dident clean it you probs have something blocking your carby. and i put a fuelfilter on mine

could be as simple as a kinked fuel line itr happened to mine

hay mate, sounds like you have some sort of carby problem with the splattering etc etc... you could try adjusting the needle clip (im not too savvy on this area so one of the other guys will be able to aid you accordingly) but i do know that if you move the clip down it rasies the needle position in the jet and thus allows more fuel through which in turn richens your mixture. of course if you move the clip up it will lean the fuel up.

rejetting is a process where by there is a brass / copper (its a hex shaped threaded fitting inside the carby with a jet hole in it) is replaced with one of a different size. the size is a variation in the hole, thus is you go to a bigger jet the hole becomes greater and visa versa. i believe this is done to change your fuel intake and also change the adjustment band of your idle screw and air / fuel mixture (it gives you a slightly different range to work inside. (once again if someone could verify this it would be appreciated)

a breather pipe is as it sounds, it helps the motor breathe. it basically is a pipe which feeds slightly into the head and cools the oil in the motor (or at least allows it to breathe efficiently)

unfortunatly i cant aid you too far with your problem on the motor side, all i can say is move the clip position up one to lean your fuel up a bit and it might solve the issue. just remember to document your original lay-out so if something screws up we have a default setup to return to.

Cheers, Tony.

thanks for that tony, man you are so constuructive with your posts you should be congratulated well done your a accet 2 miniriders!!

Latest posts

Back