YX 150 or 160

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rev150

Reaction score
Hey guys, Im new to miniriders :)

I have two questions.

1. What engine is better in general?

2. Is Castrol Activ 4T Motorcycle Oil - 15W-50 ok to put in these engines?

1) The 150 should last sloghly longer, the 160 has slightly more power...
2) Pretty sure that oil is mineral based (not synthetic) so yea mate should be fine :)

I got confused looking at this

nickv1980

View Photos By: nickv1980

what oil you running in her ? DO NOT use any semi or full synthetic oils in it .

ONLY USE mineral based oil like castrol activ 4t in the silver coloured bottle not gold !

You will find this at your local super cheap auto store for about $11.95 a litre ..

IF u use synthetic oils say bye bye to your clutch pack !

but castrol activ 4t is semi synthetic.

Sorry i miss read what it said on the website. Thank you so much for your help timeeh.

BTW what oil do you use?

And what bike/bikes do you have?

Pretty sure this is the stuff i use: Shell Advance AX5 4T (can't check cause i'm not at home ATM)
As for minis i have a Nitrous 160 and the wife got a Nirous 125.

A few :) DNM suspension front n rear, 26mm OKO, ProTaper bars on custom high risers, daytona ORK and electrics and a couple of other little bits here n there, goes well now and handles a hell of alot better :) The best upgrade though is the OKO, made a big difference on mine.

[youtube]7Uhjk0SUv1M[/youtube]
and racing in Vic the other week
[youtube]T6eM_H2YYU8[/youtube]

Last edited:
I have the YX160 in my Lxr, awesome engine, I only use castrol activ 4t it is a mineral oil, heaps of riders on here use it :)

Awesome Deacon fmxer. i really needed to know what oil to use for sure.

Latest posts

Back