YX160 2nd Gear

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ttym

Reaction score
where do i get a 2nd gear for a yx160. the 2nd gear is f'ed up so i have to replace it, i used the search and there was this guy asking about how you take off the head and release a cam chain pressure, do you have to replace the cam chain and sprocket after you take off the head and what tools do you need to replace the gear (besides your self of course hehe).

You won't just get 2nd gear. Yx 160s and the zonger 155z are pretty much the same engine? Might try to get the gear box of one of them:
- DHZ Mini Moto

To change the gearbox you'll have to split the casings have a read through these:
- http://www.miniriders.com.au/mini-tutorials-how-s/24595-tear-down-bike-parts-completly.html
- YX140 Engine Split
- Lifan 1P52FMI engine exploded diagram

No you don't have to replace the cam chain or sprocket. You'll need some new oil though, a socket set, spaners, oil slinger and clutch puller. Very easy to do. Just remember where the bolts go and take pictures so you can refer to them when putting it back togeather

Oil slinger and clutch tool:
- DHZ Mini Moto

Good luck with it.

Latest posts

Back