zs190 vs daytona 190 vs yz160

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
anyone have any experience with the zongshen zs190 with e start and 5 speed trans? I just picked up a 77 ct90 and the 6 volt engine has to go. I want to go stupid big and put a 190 engine in it. found an overseas vendor that will send me a zs190 with the relay, rectifier, cdi and ignition coil for $746 shipped. im wondering how it would stack up to a daytona 190 or a yx160 with the 201bbk and a v2head and if theyre worth the extra $300+

What the helll!!! Theres a zs190. I didnt even know it existed. I went and bought a 155z for 640 and i coulda went an extra 100 for a 190 5 speed trans. Mannnn im so pissed.
And to answer ur question. Im not sure about the zs190 as i said didnt know it existed. But the daytona is 1500 new. And ive seen a few guys on here have some problems with the bottom ends on them. I would go with what ever you can afford. The daytona 190s go pretty hard.
My 155z is pretty gutless its a dissapointment because a 125 lifan has more bottom end grunt then the 155z.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The zs190 is slated for release November so you wouldn't have been able to buy one, i doubt anyone in aus will be selling them this year. The only place listing them so far is alibaba.That price is most likely US dollars too.
I wouldn't buy one until there is a few out there that have been run hard for a few months. Putting an extra cog in those cases would most likely mean skinnier gears that are more prone to breakages

I've seen people talking about this engine as if its averrable since August. That is in USD. the yx with the bbk and the 2v head will likely cost me the same as the daytona, so the daytona makes sense as I would have to build an engine. guys have reported both pitting and breakage on their yx gears. I've been told the dayotna has wider gears than the yx. while have the ratios of 5 gears is awfully enticing, the worry of skinner gears is something to keep in mind. Im mostly curious as daytona 190s run about $1100 here. 300 and some change cheaper for a bike with an extra gear and the option of kick start and e start sounds pretty good...

What the helll!!! Theres a zs190. I didnt even know it existed. I went and bought a 155z for 640 and i coulda went an extra 100 for a 190 5 speed trans. Mannnn im so pissed.
And to answer ur question. Im not sure about the zs190 as i said didnt know it existed. But the daytona is 1500 new. And ive seen a few guys on here have some problems with the bottom ends on them. I would go with what ever you can afford. The daytona 190s go pretty hard.
My 155z is pretty gutless its a dissapointment because a 125 lifan has more bottom end grunt then the 155z.

Your issue wih torque on the 155 suprises me, i had the opposite results tbh. I was happy with the torque output but it felt flat up top.

I have seen the z190s advertised through AaSa's fb page but know absolutely nothing about them. I would be interested to see the spec sheet on them, and the choice of being 2 valve while seeming to imitate the daytona cam cover arrangment was a little baffling to me..

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Your issue wih torque on the 155 suprises me, i had the opposite results tbh. I was happy with the torque output but it felt flat up top.

I have seen the z190s advertised through AaSa's fb page but know absolutely nothing about them. I would be interested to see the spec sheet on them, and the choice of being 2 valve while seeming to imitate the daytona cam cover arrangment was a little baffling to me..

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk
Yeah i think i need a bigger sprocket on the front man hey. Its on a big wheel pit bike as well so its a 14 inch rear.

Zongshen zs190 motor

Hello...i have this motor in my china honda grom copy aka vader 125...it is awesome...i have seen 90mph on speedo with 16/31 combo...5 speed is smooth and shifts are short...the motor is super smooth and it is made in same factory as daytona 190..hence the similarities...as far as 5 speed goes...if you have seen this motor in person you will see it is physically bigger than the 125cc sized pitbike motors...the cases are wider and the head and jug are massive..its a 40 pound motor...its no joke...pitster pro and tbolt sell them right now...i will give you a little insite..i did demo rides with the fellow grom riders here in las vegas when i got it in my vader...lets just say 7 motors were bought the next day...its that nice..everyone who rides my vader wants to trade me grom for my vader or wants to buy it...i bought mine from gary at pitster pro...they are 849...they come with a keihin pe28 copy that runs fine..130 main jet 42 pilot and adjust the fuel screw and done...it doesnt sputter or bog..it just plain rips to 10k redline in all gears no problem...
Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Hello...i have this motor in my china honda grom copy aka vader 125...it is awesome...i have seen 90mph on speedo with 16/31 combo...5 speed is smooth and shifts are short...the motor is super smooth and it is made in same factory as daytona 190..hence the similarities...as far as 5 speed goes...if you have seen this motor in person you will see it is physically bigger than the 125cc sized pitbike motors...the cases are wider and the head and jug are massive..its a 40 pound motor...its no joke...pitster pro and tbolt sell them right now...i will give you a little insite..i did demo rides with the fellow grom riders here in las vegas when i got it in my vader...lets just say 7 motors were bought the next day...its that nice..everyone who rides my vader wants to trade me grom for my vader or wants to buy it...i bought mine from gary at pitster pro...they are 849...they come with a keihin pe28 copy that runs fine..130 main jet 42 pilot and adjust the fuel screw and done...it doesnt sputter or bog..it just plain rips to 10k redline in all gears no problem...

[/QUOTE]Here is my old 125cc skyteam motor next to the zs190.
16c7affebedce7d56a1c9a91a002daf7.jpg
d4d0a16c26783755b2be52cfc5f924e6.jpg

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back