03 yz85

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shrimpy

Reaction score
Im Thinkin about buying some frame guards which would yous recommend
and i thinkin about getting some new bars like pro tapper or something which would yous recommend
and is there any other go mods if so tell me please thanks

Last edited:
bars i think standard they run renthals, but maybe some pro tapers..or tags?

my old 02 yz 85 had a pair or mint renthals on it and i brought it new
i just asumed they came with most orther models :p

yeah prob only mild steel that bends easy but it wont snap like aluminium would. get protaper contour bars but if you get a fat bar you will need to change the clamp aswell.

rider456 what have you been snorting mate? the steel paperclip bars that come stock on most Jap mxers are ****, and will bend like a naked gymnast the first time you tip the bike over.
Pro TAPERS, not TAPPERS, TAGs, STARbars, Renthals etc etc, made of alloy, are still a far better bar than any of the stock steelies you find in rubbish bins all over the place.

as for what frame guards to use, ones that fit a YZ85 would be a good start... Try Ballards Offroad Dirt Bike Parts & Accessories Penrith Australia
Other worthwhile mods would be a pipe and muffler, assuming you are already getting the most from the stock bike, which is doubtful, and suspension modification, which will make you a far quicker rider than any power mods will... No good being a throttle jockey if the bike wont stay upright or the wheels dont stick to the ground...
and like Rider456 said, if you go with fat bars, you'll need the mounting adaptor kit...

Latest posts

Back