05 Thumpstar Pro Forks

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitboss125

Reaction score
Hey,

I have recently bought a second hand 05 thumpstar. The forks in it are totally useless, no 1 because they only use about 3 inches max of the total travel. and no 2 because they are very stiff. The bike also had a rock solid shock in the back because the guy said he weighed 90kgs and had put it in for his weight so he may have possibley changed the springs in the forks too. Is there any way of getting softer springs or even stock springs for these forks? If so where? And do these forks use all of there travel normally or are these just a crappy design of fork? What i mean is the bottom 3 inches of the fork legs are always covered in dust because the fork never travels past there. I have thought about getting fastace forks for the bike, but they look too long and make the bike look retarded...

hmmm

ok i have a thumpstar pro 06 and my forks are rear shock are directly comparable to that of my yz. They dont even have to come into consideration when riding. The bloke you bought the bike off must have changed the springs in the front forks and the rear. Have you tried loosening the back one off?? They are replaceable with Thumpstar 1200lb spring. As for the front there is little adjustment that can be made without changing springs. I would go get urself some factory thumpstar springs for it

If they aren't using all of the availbale travel maybe the bloke you bought it off over filled them with oil and they are hydraulic locking. not sure on the exact design of your forks, but most of the time if you open the top of the fork, pull out the spring then let the bike drop down so the fork is fully compressed there should still be a airgap between the top of the fork and the oil level, exact height depends on fork, but if it is only a few cm or actually overflows, then the fork has way too much oil in it.

Wat a joke. I just pulled apart the compression side fork leg and there was no oil in it what so ever. Is this normal for these forks? And also by the looks of things that compression adjuster knob wont do shit.. its not really connected to anything. So basically there is no compression damping adjustment and there is no compression adjustment. Do i just need softer springs? i havent pulled the rebound side apart yet but will do so later.

will fastace forks be too long for my bike? they look much longer then the current forks

Latest posts

Back